Bloody weapons and skinning.

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2006, 12:37:30 AM

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21452

Quote from: "Morgenes"Non-bludgeoning weapons will now get bloody in combat.

This is cool but what's confusing to me is I've had weapons get bloodied for a while now, but it's rare that it happens.  Does this mean that everytime a non-bludgeoning weapon is used it will become bloodied?

If so it would be cool to extend it to skinning and have both the skinning weapon and the person's gloves become bloodied.

Hmm, I am curious as to why bludgeoning weapons would not get splattered bits of <whatever> on them and the likes. Although perhaps a lower multiplier or whatever to the extent of bloody-ness?

EXAMPLE!!

You hit a <mobile> 8 times with a bone warsword, it (the sword) gets bloody.

You hit an identical <mobile> 8 times with a bone mace, it (the mace) gets 50% as bloody as the sword does.

Quote from: "Tuannon"Hmm, I am curious as to why bludgeoning weapons would not get splattered bits of <whatever> on them and the likes. Although perhaps a lower multiplier or whatever to the extent of bloody-ness?

EXAMPLE!!

You hit an identical <mobile> 8 times with a bone mace, it (the mace) gets 50% as bloody as the sword does.

If you have to hit me in the head 8 times to knock me out... Your probably not going to get it bloody  :twisted:  .
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "CRW"
This is cool but what's confusing to me is I've had weapons get bloodied for a while now, but it's rare that it happens.  

Previously there were some instances your weapons could get bloodied.  Some of those involved attacking a beast that hides in its shell.  

Now I guess, all combat will result in bloodying the weapons used.  That is what I got from Morgenes' post.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Tuannon"

You hit someone with a mace, you will just break bones and cause internal bleeding unless the mace was spiked.

You hit someone in the head with a mace, you -might- get your mace bloodied but you should make it a clear hit like you should crack his head open or something.  Which requires a halfgiant?  Not sure.  But I think I can say you will most probably get your  mace clean from a hit.

Quote from: "CRW"http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21452

Quote from: "Morgenes"Non-bludgeoning weapons will now get bloody in combat.

This is cool but what's confusing to me is I've had weapons get bloodied for a while now, but it's rare that it happens.  Does this mean that everytime a non-bludgeoning weapon is used it will become bloodied?

If so it would be cool to extend it to skinning and have both the skinning weapon and the person's gloves become bloodied.

Without looking at the code or testing, I thought that weapons and gloves already get bloody when skinning.  I'm mostly sure that happened for my last ranger.  Your weapons also get bloodied, already, if you behead someone.  Maybe that's how yours were getting bloody?
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"Without looking at the code or testing, I thought that weapons and gloves already get bloody when skinning.  I'm mostly sure that happened for my last ranger.  Your weapons also get bloodied, already, if you behead someone.  Maybe that's how yours were getting bloody?

Getting my clothes or knife bloody while skinning has never happened to my rangers.  It's only one particular animal that has made my weapons bloody in the past, and that's when they're still alive.

Also I beheaded someone recently and my sword didn't get bloody. Which was weird.

So basically what I'm saying is, if it doesn't it should.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "Halaster"
Without looking at the code or testing, I thought that weapons and gloves already get bloody when skinning.

Only gloves get bloodied in skinning.  Not weapons (I did not get any of my weapons bloodied anyway).  Nor beheading makes anything bloody (again from personal experience.)  And weapons get bloody if they are used on beasts that they hide in a shell.

This is based on my experience.  Maybe there was a chance to get bloody weapon before, but never happened to me unless I tried to kill a beast that was in its shell.

Could be that I wasn't seeing the blood for the dust but I don't recall my skinning characters cleaning their gloves that often.

Now I have to kill a mob, FOR SCIENCE.

My gloves got bloody all the time skinning things.  Sometimes I have characters that don't even wear gloves, just to avoid bloody glove syndrome.  Walking around with bloody gloves makes me feel like Lady McBeth, "Out, damned spot! out, I say!"
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Having beheaded quite a few people in the last few months, I'm fairly sure it doesn't bloody the weapon. Unless that's part of the new change, which would be awesome.

What would be cool is if the message, "The awesome NPC splatters blood on you!" actially bloodied every article of clothing that usually gets dusty.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Ha! what a great idea.

I'll take some time and try and find places where your weapons should be getting bloody and sate your bloodthirsty wishes.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff