Animals exempt from Crim Code

Started by Beux, August 09, 2006, 07:07:59 AM

I'm assuming if you attack an animal NPC in a city, this sets off the crim-code. Should animals really be that well protected? I mean, in modern times no one -really- cares if you run over a fox, if your kid catches a mouse and decides to disect it, if you kick a pigeon, or stand on a hedgehog. I personally do -not- condone any of these things but the definately won't get you arrested...

So why in Zalanthian times...is it a crime? Surely there should be some seriously poor people who live off killing and eating rats in the city. I think it would be tres more fun for common city-folk if they could get away with killing little beasties....

I agree that killing animals should be ignored by the crim code and I also think it should work the other way around. I've seen a kank attack someone in the city, and a soldier tried to kill the kank  :roll:
he tall, short elf utters an incantation.
You feel an uncomfortable tingling sensation.
>eq
<worn on waist> a bloodied loincloth

Quote from: "Bullet Eater"I agree, and I also think it should work the other way around. I've seen a kank attack someone in the city, and a soldier tried to kill the kank  :roll:

Naw, I think thats right. Hokay, so we don't have kank sized stuff IRL in cities, roaming around, usually. But lets say a GIANT insect started mauling on some random guy...I recon guards would step in. But yeh...boo to Zalanthian Animal Welfare. We want more DEAD RATS.

What I meant was, the soldier did all of the things to the kank that it would do to a PC: try to arrest it, and when he couldn't subdue the kank (obviously), he killed it. With all of the things a soldier will say during the entire time.
he tall, short elf utters an incantation.
You feel an uncomfortable tingling sensation.
>eq
<worn on waist> a bloodied loincloth

Oh. Rofl! Now thats funny. Trying to arrest a kank....yeh, maybe they should just react -differently- to badly behaved animals.

There was an RPT a few years ago where some sorceror or something attacked Allanak and there were all kinds of crazy summoned minions running around the city.  Outside of Traders', though, a classic scene happened and went something like this:

A human Allanaki soldier has arrived from the north, dragging <the horrible evil magick thing> behind him.

A human Allanaki soldier says, in sirihish:
  "I wish they'd move the jails closer to the criminals."

A human Allanaki soldier walks south, dragging <the horrible evil magick thing> behind him.

I'd have hated to be a PC arrested for accidentally setting off crim-code that day.   :P

Hahahaha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Beux"Naw, I think thats right. Hokay, so we don't have kank sized stuff IRL in cities, roaming around, usually. But lets say a GIANT insect started mauling on some random guy...I recon guards would step in. But yeh...boo to Zalanthian Animal Welfare. We want more DEAD RATS.

You have to look in the right places and keep your eyes open, there you will find your kank sized stuff. :wink:

Anywhos
Usually, soldiers prevent any foreign bodies and criminals from entering the cities. If a giant insect manages to slip through the gates and starts mauling people, the soldiers should step in and swiftly take care of the situation. You can always wish up if you think there should be NPC soldiers taking care of the situation.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Kanks are often allowed into the city.  For some odd reason, the guards just ignore them as they enter the gates in droves!!

Seriously, though.  If you accidentally 'hit kank' not 'hitch kank'.. you can start getting pwned rather easily.  Its kinda random, really.  And the arresting animals thing is absolutely hilarious, I've seen it before with a <summoned animal>.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)