Small idea

Started by Hymwen, August 07, 2006, 03:43:42 PM

I don't know how to set up a poll so just comment:

Wouldn't it be neat if, when a person in the room has their hood up and it has the same keyword as something you own, say cloak or aba or something, emoting with ~cloak will take your item in priority over the person? That has got to be the most common mistarget and I personally never use a figure's overgarment as a keyword if I have to target them. Dunno about you.
b]YB <3[/b]

Does the Keyword command help?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Judging by how often people take something from the pocket of, drape over the back of their chair, or otherwise accidentally abuse figures in <insert overgarment here>, no.
b]YB <3[/b]

Something like this would be nice.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

It already exists?  the keyword command?

i.e.

>keyword dark
In the room:
 1.dark - the dark man

In Equipment:
 2.dark - a dark, hooded cloak
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

What I meant with my first post is that I want items you possess to have priority over people in the room.

So instead of:

emo drapes ~cloak over ^me left arm
>You drape the figure in a dark, hooded cloak over your left arm.

>keyword cloak
In the room:
  1.cloak - the figure in a dark, hooded cloak

In inventory:
  2.cloak - a white, red-trimmed cloak

I want:

emo drapes ~cloak over ^me left arm
>You drape your white, red-trimmed cloak over your left arm.

>keyword cloak
In inventory:
  1.cloak - a white, red-trimmed cloak

In the room:
  2.cloak - the figure in a dark, hooded cloak
b]YB <3[/b]

I think the other way around would be much worse.

>eq

[several pieces of black leather armor and stuff]

The black-haired, leather-skinned man has arrived from the east.

>kill black

You don't see them here.

>kill 2.black

You don't see them here.

>kill 3.black

You don't see them here.

The black-haired, leather-skinned man solidly bludgeons your head.

>kill leather

You don't seem them here.

>kill 2.leather

You don't see them here.

The black-haired, leather-skinned man brutally bludgeons your body.
Your vision goes black.

Targeting of objects is seldom urgent, but targeting of people can mean the difference between life or death.

I meant only with hooded figures. The thing is that scarcely a day of tavern-sitting goes by without seeing one or more misdirects because someone wants to fidget with their cloak.

Also, you can't kill an object so in that instance, the person in the room would obviously take priority. It should only work with emotes.
b]YB <3[/b]

I don't think this is really a problem. Normally when you (I) see:

The fat man wipes the figure in a dark, hooded cloak across his face

...you know what they meant. Just take an extra few seconds and use the keyword command, I say.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Yeah, I'm fine with the way things are.  Just use 'keyword' so that you know what you're targetting.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Hymwen"I meant only with hooded figures. The thing is that scarcely a day of tavern-sitting goes by without seeing one or more misdirects because someone wants to fidget with their cloak.

Also, you can't kill an object so in that instance, the person in the room would obviously take priority. It should only work with emotes.

You'd no longer have a consistent keyword system then, though.  As it is now, the target list is the same for all commands.  If you start shifting things around based on the command or the particular target, things would get messy and you'd need several different keyword commands.

I guess so.
b]YB <3[/b]