Bariier...

Started by Gricker, August 07, 2006, 10:16:54 AM

Can we make it easier, its annoying when people just keep contacting you and withdrawling what you think its so hard already, i mean ive tried for house and havnt got it so...
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barrier, like most skills, takes awhile to get good at.  Your barrier stopping someone also depends on that someones skill at contact.  If they are better at contact then you are at barrier then you wont have much luck keeping them out of your head.

Most (all?) psionic skills are also heavily influenced by wisdom.  If said person has a higher wisdom score than you, you might struggle to keep them out.

Practice your barrier a lot.  If, at 40 days playtime, you still can't keep anyone from contacting you there is probably something wrong.  If you're only a couple days old don't expect your skills to be all that hot.

Recap:  barrier, to succeed, has to be trained and practiced.  If someone has a higher contact skill, you probably wont succeed in keeping a barrier around your mind if they try to contact you.  Wisdom matters.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

A word of advice I give to all new players:  Make sure you put your stun/max stun in your prompt, and keep a close eye on it when using the Way.  Before you are good at using contact and barrier, you will fail often, and you will use up a lot of stun points.  Also, make sure you are sitting or lying down when you use the Way, as this will also help you to avoid going unconscious.  Knocking yourself out is bad, m'kay?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".