Started by Gricker, August 07, 2006, 06:55:53 AM

Do you think this is a good ide or not

yes
7 (43.8%)
no
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 07, 2006, 06:55:53 AM

Well if a person has a hood up, why can people see his long Desc, that means ok like, a man in a long black cloak, how bout showing things you can see, i mean if he has hood up in long desc u shouldnt see hair face ,eyes etc etc, and if a cloak is long why not cover up the leggings aswell, if theres a helmet on and u have short hair why can people still see it? maybe we should block it out, so people cant see it? just another idea Thanks.
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been brought up many times.  The idea has merit, but not all hoods are good for hiding your features.  So it requires a good deal of coding to categorize the the hoods, and facewraps in terms of their concealing features.  If it is not too much work, I think the idea is good.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Ha! I was actually thinking about posting the very same idea about  mins ago....seriously. I totally agree. If someones wearing a full length cloak, facewrap and a mask...why the hell can you tell they've got a scar on their neck and a slightly bumpy nose etc etc.

It doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I was thinking it might work well with the tdesc idea. Basically wearing items like that would hide your mdesc, but you could use tdesc in order to write a short description of what a player looking at you would be able to see.

First of all, you'd need to change the code of every single hooded item in the game, and I bet there's over a thousand.  Second, you'd also need to completely change the foundation code of descriptions so that it's separated into bits where your hood determines what you can see. For now, I have faith in the playerbase that most of them won't take one look at a hooded person and then report their entire mdesc to someone. If that does happen, send a friendly reminder to your neighborhood staff and they will at least note it.
b]YB <3[/b]

Items do exist that hide your mdesc.  Since your mdesc does not just include your facial features (or it shouldn't!) you're gonna need more than a hood to keep your mdesc a secret.

Seek and you shall find!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

This topic has came up soooo many times and I like it. Also, I'd like to see hoods looked at alot more suspiciously if your not outside. I already see alot of people in taverns who keep their hood up at all time which kinda bothers me that nobody cares.. but ahh well.

Maybe a step in the right direction would be making certain hoods untargetable with contact and the keywords. At the current time you can do:
>contact tall dark hooded cloak
you contact bob the assasin

Might help stop short desc fishing.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Plus you would need to code what parts are seen, what if it is a sleeveless?
You would have to include the extra finger growing from your elbow. What if
it is small so it only covers your hair and ears? So you would have to write a
desc for that. You see where this is going. I like the idea but it requires a lot
of work for a task that would be really buggy, at least for now...
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

This idea will work in the following manner.

-People will have to start writing their main descriptions using sentences orientated to one body area, ie: Head, face, neck, chest, etc. An example or two follows:
**The man's neck is thick, like a male carru's.
**His face is meanly-featured, with dark eyes and a long nose.
**His arms are as thick as a baobab tree's trunk, and equally gnarled.
**His chest is wide and expansive.

-Items will then be flagged by what they cover, such as COVERS_CHEST, COVERS_FACE, etc.

If an item is flagged as covering the chest, then a sentence with the word 'chest' in it, or 'torso', would be blocked out.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870