drawing blades

Started by Gricker, August 07, 2006, 06:42:10 AM

I think this would be cool, like if somone tryed drawing there blades you can stop heres an example: The black eyed man trys to draw his blades, you put your swing your sword cutting the sheath from the belt, or you put your foot on the hilt stopping him from drawing his blades just a suggestion
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we would need a delay for drawing blades, which would not be something I would like to see in the game.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I really do not like the idea, because of a few things.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

If you want to prevent someone from wielding weapons, you should work on your disarm skill. If you don't have the skill or aren't very good at it, well, then your character is not capable of doing what you suggested.
b]YB <3[/b]

I would like to see a delay, right now an unarmed guy is just as dangerous as an armed person
he could be talking suddenly Bam pulls out two steel longswords and owns you on the same line.

A sheathed weapon would be pretty nice if it had a delay, of course then people would put them in their cloaks or inventory so.. *shrugs*
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Use disarm instead.

The long-eared chipmunk draws a steel longsword.
disarm chipmunk

You knock a steel longsword from the long-eared chipmunk's hands!

They might get one or two attacks in if you do it this way, but I don't think I'd like a new skill simply to do this. Especially if it includes a delay...ugh.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

There's no way to make a delay stick...as has been pointed out, people will just keep the weapons in their inventory if drawing had a delay.

Having a delay would be the only thing to make this worthwhile.

I think disarm, as has been suggested is the best alternative, and we already have it.

Editted to add: I'm not saying that the original idea doesn't have merit, but I think that there are a few issues with it, and what we have does work already.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.