Dldesc?

Started by Bebop, August 03, 2006, 10:09:21 PM

You know how some NPCs have um what would be the word default long descriptions?  The slave man is standing here eyeing passerbys.  What if there were ldescs and we could also change dldescs that way a long desc change would last as one walked..

The rugged person is here, garb stained by dark blood.

The rugged person is here covered thickly in sand.

The frilly man is here pristine silks glowing in the tavern light.

The female pc is sittting at the bar, her belly rounded out in her lap.

Just for example that way as someone was walking and looking at someone they would immediately be able to tell what they look like at the moment if that makes sense so you won't be typing N change ldesc N change ldesc N change ldesc ...

I think it would definitely add some atmosphere people.

Bebop, use an alias.

Just do

alias j change ldesc is struggling to remain adrift in a sea of blood.

Then

n
j
n
j
n
j
n
j

Kapow!  Another problem solved by Malifaxian Industries.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Yeah, that would also prevent people keeping ldescs in inappropriate situations. Such as someone walking down the road while "standing around vigilantly".

Edit: Malifaxis' idea, that is.
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Malifaxis"Bebop, use an alias.

Just do

alias j change ldesc is struggling to remain adrift in a sea of blood.

Then

n
j
n
j
n
j
n
j

Kapow!  Another problem solved by Malifaxian Industries.

The idea was so you didn't have to do that, but mmkay.

Also - when you are walking down the road and someone is already in the square, you are sometimes not going to be able to do it that fast.  Like if someone is pregnant and wants to change their ldesc to:

The woman is here her belly rounded fully.

That way there is no second guessing if someone is pregnant for instance.  You can tell at first sight just like you would be able to IRL.

This is a good idea.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

How about a travel string, while we're at it? That seems more useful than a lasting ldesc.