SO intimidated!

Started by Bodmerocity, August 02, 2006, 04:52:11 PM

Quote from: "bloodfromstone"I guess we have been a lot better lately! Congratulations, everyone.

Probably due to my lack of posts.  :)

Welcome to Crackageddon!! It's great to see new vict-- er...umm...new players, yes, that's what I intended to say.  :shock: I just want to back everyone else up by saying that finding a helper to assist is probably one of the best things you could do. That and read the docs...they are intimidating, but they are full of amazing information. The learning curve is steep, but the RP and the world are far worth the effort it takes to completely immerse yourself in it...again, welcome to our addiction...Crackageddon!  :wink:
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Quote from: "SykotikGith"Welcome to Crackageddon!! It's great to see new vict-- er...umm...new players, yes, that's what I intended to say.  :shock:

yes, newbies are victomes... about every 4th document says it, why can't you? :D
quote]The requested help file is restricted from viewing on the Web.[/quote]
# of times I've run into this: lost count

Stay on topic, please.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

I suggest making your first character as a sort of simple, sheltered, young podunk peasant from some farming village or the like... that way it will be totally In Character for you to be discovering everything for the first time, as you the player will be doing.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

When you do start playing... SAVE ALL THE TIME if you pick up a feather off the ground, save, if you come in town from a hunt, save, or the servers will crash and when you come back online you will be in a room with a dujat.. and not in the inn with your buddy. And you'll be ded.

The crashes are actually not so bad, anymore.  And you save randomly when you pass through certain areas, so thats a slightly alarmist way of playing.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

well i t happened to me and I lost a caracter I really loved. therefore, I like saving now.

The crash thing does happen, so saving occasionally isn't a bad thing.

But if everyone saved every time they did something, that would be a lot of writing the server would have to do. And I have really been on a mud where they had to put a lag on saving because people did it often enough to truly lag things down.
21sters Unite!

Character Approved!

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'd have been way off track without it. Special thanks to the helpers.

Quote from: "Bodmerocity"Character Approved!

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'd have been way off track without it. Special thanks to the helpers.

Good luck.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

HOORAY FOR THE DUD WHO GOT HIS CHARACTER APPROVED AND STUFFF!!!!
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

It might be rather rough, at times, and you will probably die a bunch. But, every death is a learning experience!