Started by Kelen, July 29, 2006, 08:31:38 PM

Listen syntax {on, off, status}

Okay, so I need to type listen on?

Easy enough.

-you start trying to listen-

But then...

Listen status ----> You aren't currently trying to listen  :evil:

What am I doing wrong?
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

Nothing.  If your skill check fails you just go to 'off'. Just like when you fail hiding.. um, kind of..  :lol:
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

So I need to be typing it in everytime someone across the room says something that I miss? Or...

(edit) Okay, sorry, I think I understand now. :P
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

Quote from: "Kelen"So I need to be typing it in everytime someone across the room says something that I miss? Or...

You should be typing it anytime your character would want to listen in. Put yourself in their head. Is something going on they want to know about? Listen on...
Amor Fati

You type 'listen on'.  If the skill succeeds, there is a duration, based on your skill level, that you are actively listening.

If it fails, then nothing happens.  You still aren't listening, and if you like, you can try again.

If you get tired of the spam from listen, such as in crowded taverns, you can type 'listen off'.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

'Listen on' also has no drawbacks that I have found if you are already succesfully listening. If you're desperate to hear something, you can input it a few times - just roleplay appropriately that you're trying hard to pick noise out in the crowd, or whatever.

Note: Everyone doesn't have this mundane ability.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Yokunama"Note: Everyone doesn't have this mundane ability.

WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS FOR ME.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."