open backpack

Started by Beux, July 25, 2006, 10:19:12 AM

> open backpack

You feel too relaxed to do that

Thats just silly. You should be able to open your containers while resting.....

just a small thing.[/code]

The code can not distinguish the difference between opening/closing a door and a pack object.  And restriction on open/close when resting was put to prevent opening/closing doors.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Neat. I'd always wondered about that.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Still annoying. Shame. Does the same thing apply to 'sitting' without 'resting'?

Quote from: "Ghost"The code can not distinguish the difference between opening/closing a door and a pack object.  And restriction on open/close when resting was put to prevent opening/closing doors.

I always wondered about this.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Yes, it's really a very sad thing that the code cannot tell the difference between a door and a container.

-- X

Quote from: "Beux"Does the same thing apply to 'sitting' without 'resting'?

Nope.

Quote from: "Xygax"Yes, it's really a very sad thing that the code cannot tell the difference between a door and a container.

-- X
This would be X being a smartass.

I wouldn't mind being able to open a pack while resting, since you can draw a blade and clean and do other things.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Yeah. I can bake my travel cakes resting....i can get the flour out of my backpack....but I have to stand up to flip it open. Err.

Its probably a bit more realistic to sit, open the pack and do whatever, then rest.  As resting is sort of lying on the ground, which couldn't really make it that easy to get to stuff in your pack anyways.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

It'd be nice to see this fixed at some point. Granted, I don't know how huge of a surgery it would take to fix it, but I'd like to be able to open packs while sitting and while in front of doors.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Uhh... you can open packs while sitting.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Er, resting. That part isn't a big deal to me, but I'd like to be able to mess with my pack in front of doors (unless this has been fixed without my knowledge).
eeling YB, you think:

Um...what was fixed?  You can mess with your pack all you want while near a door.  "open pack" will get the pack, and "open door" will get the door.  You can NOT use the command "open" while resting, however.  That is what is being discussed.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "bloodfromstone"Er, resting. That part isn't a big deal to me, but I'd like to be able to mess with my pack in front of doors (unless this has been fixed without my knowledge).

What issue is that, I had no idea there ever was one.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

You know, you can get around this with a change in mindset.

Instead of thinking of resting as "lounging" which is what most people do, think of it more as laying down and all but sleeping. You could talk. You could listen, you could look around. But resting is... resting.

If you want to dink around in your pack, you would have to sit up to get the pack (don't get me started on how OOC it is for people to lay down with a backpack on), then open it.

-shrugs-

I guess there's always another way.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

QuoteWhat issue is that, I had no idea there ever was one.

"Open pack" in front of a gate used to give a blank prompt. I dunno if this is old news.
eeling YB, you think:

Quote from: "bloodfromstone"
QuoteWhat issue is that, I had no idea there ever was one.

"Open pack" in front of a gate used to give a blank prompt. I dunno if this is old news.

I think it is. Before my time, at least, which makes it old by default. ;)
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Djarjak"(don't get me started on how OOC it is for people to lay down with a backpack on)
People don't have to by on their back when resting and all but sleeping.  I can't go to sleep when on my back, for example.  People can lay down on their sides.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I was mostly referring to the people who emote in a way that indicates they are laying down on their backs when I mentioned the pack OOCness.

But yes, I agree. The mindset option to rectify the code perception still works for your side, your stomach, etc.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"