Clothes Sizes

Started by Beux, July 24, 2006, 09:43:30 AM

A milky-white linen scarf is too large for you to wear.

Thats just silly. It's a scarf. One size should fit all!

Also, I really think tailors should probably make clothes that fit them....And uhh, how come tailors, can't tailor clothes to fit different sizes? I think it would be neat if they could actually resize clothes too, and it makes sense. This would allow more PC interaction, instead of taking your oversized pants to a bazaar tailor, you could take it to that slightly cheaper tailor you met in the tavern last night.

I think it's Halaster that mentioned on another thread that they were actually working, or at least, considering, the changes you've mentioned :)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Ohhhh. Well thats good to know. xD

But still. Scarves should so be - one size fits all. Unless it was a really tiny weeny scarf, then maybe it wouldn't fit. But a scarf can never be too big!

Half-giant scarves.  :lol:
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

Typo this when you see it. It may be that the craftable object needs to be tweaked. "one size fits all" should exist, I believe.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Quote from: "Djarjak""one size fits all" should exist, I believe.
Neat :D I'll also do this when I catch it :)

I don't know... the average half-giant is twelve feet tall.  If anything, I think there are some items that don't take size into account that should.  Rings, bracelets, hats... very few of there would fit both humans and half-giants.  (I also find the idea of tailoring things to be half-giant sized rather silly, but accept it for playability reasons)

Not disagreeing - but I can see the point that a scarf is hardly as difficult to adapt between dwarves, humans, elves, half-elves, and muls as, say, a skin-tight halter top might be.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Alright, so maybe a small scarf wouldn't fit a large half-giant. But, a scarf made by a human, to normal human proportions, should at least fit all humans.

I don't know how clothing is coded, but could things possibly have size ranges?  That'd solve both the one size fits "all" problem as well as the half-giant problem.