Good idea?

Yes
16 (80%)
No
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: July 21, 2006, 04:37:01 PM

I had an idea...
Perhaps, when you're shopping, you could go 'craft #5' (where #5 is an item in a shop's stock)
So you could see what you could craft with the item in the shop.
That way, you wouldnt waste money buying an item, and then finding out you cant make anything out of it.
Like it?

No.

Personally I don't like it.. I don't really have a rationale for not liking it, though.
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

Quote from: "flaran"No.

Personally I don't like it.. I don't really have a rationale for not liking it, though.

Well, that's mean.

I think shop items should be more accessable, in reality you would be able to touch these items and examine them.

Exactly.
Realistically, you're not just going to go into a shop and say 'I'd like X pieces of bone, and a gem please'
You'd take the time to look over these items, make sure they aren't flawed, that they're suitable for crafting, etc.

Aye. I think shop items ought to be assessable too, it sucks to buy some weapons and find out they're not the type that you were looking for.

Quote from: "Kennath"
Quote from: "flaran"No.

Well, that's mean.

I think shop items should be more accessable, in reality you would be able to touch these items and examine them.

Giving my opinion isn't mean.  It's my opinion and I was simply stating it.  It's no more than anyone in any other topic saying, 'I'm not for this.'  That's all I was saying.  I think it was more mean of you to accuse me of being mean than my original comment.  :roll:  :P
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

Alright guys, forget about it, noone's being mean and stuff.
Let's all be friends.

The 'hardcore' crowd won't like it, so this idea is already dead :)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I like it. But, as with all the code changes, I'd probably idea it and see if/when the coders have time to get to it. There's a very long list of things on the wishlist, and our coders are but mere mortal men IRL.

So =p
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Good idea but I don't think it's very important, there's a long list above it.

EDIT:
Quote from: "Djarjak"I like it. But, as with all the code changes, I'd probably idea it and see if/when the coders have time to get to it. There's a very long list of things on the wishlist, and our coders are but mere mortal men IRL.

So =p
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

I'm hard as nails, and I like the idea.

The lame crafting guesswork is the first and foremost thing that keeps me from making crafters.  It maddens me to the point that I rarely choose crafting subguilds, either.

If I -knew- I could at least attempt to make a widget out of that whatsit, it would go a long way toward easing the frustration.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I like it.  It's lame when you have to buy an item for 50 coins, see if you can craft it, then sell it back for 15 when you find out you can't.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

I posted a thread with the same idea

Click below:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19755

With that out of the way, I would like to see some form of the idea implemented into the game, because it could really help those crafters out there.

We seem to be forgetting about them. :(

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Synthesis"I'm hard as nails, and I like the idea.

I'm harder than nails and I like it too.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Keep it on topic or we'll lock this post.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I think there's room for compromize. If we could at least know that we can do something with an item, that would be great. Even if we don't get to see what it is we can make. Like, a simple line when we "view" an item:

If you have some limited skill, so at least one thing will show up if you buy and "craft" it:
>You think you can work with this raw material.
or
If you have the coded skill, but you aren't able to work with the item YET:
>You might be able to work with this raw material, but you aren't sure.
or
If you have the coded skill, and can create at least all of the "base" items (things that don't require combinations of items like a diamond plus a length of leather plus a shard of obsidian, so if it was a diamond, you could do everything that your skill allows to be done with -just- the diamond by itself) of the coded items that use that skill (exempting House-specific items):
>You are very familiar with this material.
or
If you don't have the coded skill to do anything at all with it:
>You find nothing unusual about this material.

L. Stanson
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.