Did I miss this?

Started by Kennath, July 19, 2006, 04:48:12 AM

I beleive X once said some thing about some mysterious holy-grail of spamwalking, that would allow us spamwalkers to stop spamwalking at any time.

Did this ever go in? I remember X being excited about "implementing it soon". Did it turn out to not be as easy as it seemed it would be?

I dunno whether it's my client...but I've found myself in trouble with it before.  If it's important, disconnect and reconnect.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

A general interuppt command is ont he list of "things that will happen eventually."

Personally, I can't wait.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I don't know, I think there should be some discouragement for spam walking. This coming from a spam walker.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with spamwalking.

I repeat:

There is aboslutely nothing wrong with spamwalking.

If you spamwalk, you pay the price sometimes (woops, I didn't mean to walk into those gith!), but there is nothing bad RP wise about doing it.

Yes, I think there is something on a back burner to stop your queue'd up commands, but that'd be something Xygax could choose to comment on.  There was a change, however, for certain commands that allows them to be typed despite the fact you are delayed and have commands queue'd up.  I forget them all but it's things like emote.  If you spamwalk east 15 times, you can still emote along the way.  This was done for the benefit of spamwalkers!
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"There is absolutely nothing wrong with spamwalking.
Two points:
* There is (IMO coming from a player) when it gets in the way with you playing realistically (such as spam-walking from Allanak to Tuluk in a very short amount of time).
* While there isn't anything wrong with it, I don't think it's something that should be encouraged too much. Just as there's nothing wrong with always brief room on or never emoting, it isn't something I think should be encouraged or accomodated too much.

All IMO.

Quote from: "John"
Two points:
* There is (IMO coming from a player) when it gets in the way with you playing realistically (such as spam-walking from Allanak to Tuluk in a very short amount of time).
* While there isn't anything wrong with it, I don't think it's something that should be encouraged too much. Just as there's nothing wrong with always brief room on or never emoting, it isn't something I think should be encouraged or accomodated too much.

All IMO.

Yep, IMO as well.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "jhunter"
Quote from: "John"
Two points:

All IMO.

Yep, IMO as well.

Me too.  Whew I'm glad that Hal agrees on this because I wasn't sure and so sometimes I don't when I need to because I feel guilty, but now I can do it guilt free.

You used to be able to stop walking by typing gone, but not anymore.
b]YB <3[/b]

n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking); n (spamwalking)

-Ken

Yeah, I should clarify.  I agree with John.  It's OK to spamwalk, but if doing so means you're playing unrealistically, that's bad.  Spamwalking from Allanak to Tuluk is unrealistic - not because you spamwalked but because you made the trip in such a short time.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"
If you spamwalk, you pay the price sometimes (woops, I didn't mean to walk into those gith!), but there is nothing bad RP wise about doing it.

I had a bad problem spamwalking with a very much liked magicker pc.. and while doing this I ran through 3 consecutive creations of spinning death that my char normally would have judged as a bad route of travel..

Needless to say.. I spamwalk rarely now. Lesson learned.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."