Pay day

Started by John, July 19, 2006, 02:44:31 AM

When do you pay people in your employ? And when do you get paid by your employers? Do you go by IC times or OOC times?

I've always been terrible about making sure I was paid and my employers have always been terrible about paying me :P Lately I've gotten into the habit of pestering my employers for pay, but I go by the IC date rather then OOC.

Quote from: "John"When do you pay people in your employ? And when do you get paid by your employers? Do you go by IC times or OOC times?

I've always been terrible about making sure I was paid and my employers have always been terrible about paying me :P Lately I've gotten into the habit of pestering my employers for pay, but I go by the IC date rather then OOC.

It really depends on the guidelines of the organization. Most zalanthans that belong to rich organizations are usually payed a monthly salary.

Maybe you have not been asking for your pay. Even though you do not have access to the your organization's account, you are as responsible as your employer when making sure you get paid. Sometimes your employers have better things to do and they do forget about you. So, its always a good idea to remind them.

When the Byn sergeant tells you that you are going to get payed each month, it is the equivalent of a month according to IC time. OOC times are not discussed, unless it is needed for the development for a plot or some sort. If you are having trouble with IC and OOC times, please read 'help time'. :wink:

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Pay in every organization I've been in has been monthly. You get paid every two RL weeks, give or take a few days to account for IG availability of the employee and the person in charge of payroll.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Yokunama"If you are having trouble with IC and OOC times, please read 'help time'. :wink:
Err... I mainly meant do you go by the OOC date or IC date? As you'll see if you read help time, 2 OOC weeks doesn't quite equal 1 IC month. So if you're hired on a Friday, do you try to collect your pay every 2nd Friday? Or do you wait until the IC date you were hired and then look for getting your pay? Or do you go by the start of each month. If so do you go by every 2nd week around a specific OOC day? Or wait until around about the start of the IC month and then get the pay?

For the sake of keeping your sanity, I would imagine you'd go by the OOC date. If you see the person around a day earlier though, I don't think there would be any harm in just paying them then for convenience's sake.

When playing a leader, I always had my subordinates remind me when it was time to get their monthly pay.  I also kept a text file with OOC dates to make sure no one scammed me.  :P
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".