Crim Flag

Started by Lavalamps, July 18, 2006, 03:49:16 PM

Just a question,
If someone has a crim flag, and you kill them/attack them/whatever, will you get the flag too?
Or will you not, because you are sort of 'bounty hunting'?

Not sure if there is, but prehaps if not a second flag could be added on. Like bounty.

If wanted in allanak, get the wanted and bount flag, you can kill the person with no interferance from npcs and such(within reason, maybe only soldiers of the city and a few others)

Of course won't work if attack them someplace not wanted.

I could be wrong and something like this is in place but i don't think it is.

amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Yeah, I don't think this 'bounty hunting' concept is taken into account by the crim code.  Interesting idea, though...but I'm not sure I like yet.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I don't see much downside to the "bounty hunter" idea.

Suppose someone attacks you and you demolish him, with Mercy On. If you decide, after he's unconscious, to finish him off, you probably shouldn't get crim-flagged for it. Likewise, if he revives and spams out of there, I think he should be fair game.

Or suppose some 'rinther smears somebody all over the Barrel and you're recruited to help track him down. You should, realistically, have your hands free if you catch up with the fella.

Anyone see potential for abuse?

A thief tries to steal from random person, random mugger is now immune to crim code when randomly mugging that random person.  Yes, I know there is plenty of chance involved in this example, but it was the best I could do while drying off after my shower.  Realistically, this random mugger should not be immune to crim code, and while he would not be conciously abusing this, I still think this wouldn't be a good thing.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Well if you didn't like the original crim code, where you pretty much got spam plastered, it's even better now, I haven't experienced it yet but it sounds like the guards are just meaner.

As for -bounty hunting-, nobody that is wanted is going to be sitting inside the city walls.  And... as soon as they leave they are free game already.
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

Quote from: "Kelen"Well if you didn't like the original crim code, where you pretty much got spam plastered, it's even better now, I haven't experienced it yet but it sounds like the guards are just meaner.
My understanding is:
- With "nosave arrest" on (as it is by default, sorta), you don't get auto-smushed.
- If you flee whilst subdued by the Law, you just get the old crim code.

QuoteAs for -bounty hunting-, nobody that is wanted is going to be sitting inside the city walls. And... as soon as they leave they are free game already.
Yeah. Bounty hunting code would be noticed by the folks who would most want it (a criminal's victims and the bystanders), but rarely if ever noticed by anyone else. :-) I think Bounty Hunting is almost an unduly grand name for the concept...it just gives the code a little bit better memory of the circumstances.

Quote from: "Ava"I don't see much downside to the "bounty hunter" idea.

Suppose someone attacks you and you demolish him, with Mercy On. If you decide, after he's unconscious, to finish him off, you probably shouldn't get crim-flagged for it. Likewise, if he revives and spams out of there, I think he should be fair game.

Or suppose some 'rinther smears somebody all over the Barrel and you're recruited to help track him down. You should, realistically, have your hands free if you catch up with the fella.

The code already allows this, it actually has for years. The problem is actually the opposite. We need a way to prevent joe shmoe with his steel katana from having the right to kill some guy that is wanted for stealing something from the bazzar.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "Cyrian20"
Quote from: "Ava"I don't see much downside to the "bounty hunter" idea.

The code already allows this, it actually has for years. The problem is actually the opposite. We need a way to prevent joe shmoe with his steel katana from having the right to kill some guy that is wanted for stealing something from the bazzar.

I'd like to add to Cyrian's statement.
It would be very disappointing to have someone lose their PC to those little mistakes with the code out there that come up.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.