Weekly Update Updates

Started by Cale_Knight, July 15, 2006, 07:54:17 PM

The unique logins is a statistic I've been interested in for a long time. I'll be following that particular bit of info pretty closely. Awesomely well done.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Three hundred unique logins? We need to start tricking these people into staying.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Character Related     Resurrection     4
Character Related    Stat Change    4
Character Related    Skill Change    3

:shock:

No seriously...  :shock:

And by unique logins, you're thinking they mean that 100 people only logged in once?  I was reading it as there were 100 different accounts to log in during the week.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"And by unique logins, you're thinking they mean that 100 people only logged in once?  I was reading it as there were 100 different accounts to log in during the week.

Yeah, it means that 332 people logged in at least once during the week. I think bloodfromstone's point was that that many people obviously aren't  playing regularly or we'd see the total players online reaching 100+ during peak and 50+ during offpeak (just an arbitrary set of figures there as I have no idea how they'd translate).
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

According to the statistics, 118 applications got approved. Assuming some are new players, that number is still high. Have that many people actually died from the RPT?

Just because those 333 people (accurate number ;) ) were logged in doesn't mean that those people weren't playing regularly...just not regularly when others were playing regularly.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Just because those 333 people (accurate number ;) ) were logged in doesn't mean that those people weren't playing regularly...just not regularly when others were playing regularly.

Correct. There are 24 hours in each day.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Something to clarify, too.  Unique logins is unique characters.  So if I log in Halaster and at some point log in my avatar, that's 2.  But that shouldn't throw it off very much.  Even if every staffer played an avatar (and not everyone does), it'd only reduce it by about 20.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"Something to clarify, too.  Unique logins is unique characters.  So if I log in Halaster and at some point log in my avatar, that's 2.  But that shouldn't throw it off very much.  Even if every staffer played an avatar (and not everyone does), it'd only reduce it by about 20.

Actually, it's coded to show unique account logins.  Unique character logins is a higher number that we could show, but would be inflated as you indicated for staff and people who die a lot.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Morgenes"
Quote from: "Halaster"Something to clarify, too.  Unique logins is unique characters.  So if I log in Halaster and at some point log in my avatar, that's 2.  But that shouldn't throw it off very much.  Even if every staffer played an avatar (and not everyone does), it'd only reduce it by about 20.

Actually, it's coded to show unique account logins.  Unique character logins is a higher number that we could show, but would be inflated as you indicated for staff and people who die a lot.

Ohhh, very nice.  You guys fixed it up since I last saw it, awesome.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev