Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, July 13, 2006, 03:43:53 PM

So?

Yes.
22 (73.3%)
No.
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: July 13, 2006, 03:43:53 PM

We all realize how spammy drinking and eating can be ... eatting in particular. How about the implementation of a devour command that would eat the food/drink or as much of the food/drink as you can eat with only one message? This would leave room for those who want to eat slow to eat slow and for those who just want to eat to eat.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Good idea, but I don't know how much I like 'devour'... maybe a different name.
b]YB <3[/b]

Eh, I never mind if I see someone spam eat. I do it too. Nothing wrong with it. I spam eat IRL.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

I approve.  It's frustrating when you're in a scene and you get 'you are hungry' and suddenly have to pull out a steak and eat it six times.  Especially when those are situations where eating is just drastically -weird-.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I vote no. Even though it's spammy, I like that food takes several bites to finish. If you eat regularly like a normal person the hungry message comes up a lot less. If you always wait until you're hungry, it might cause awkward situations because then you have to eat (or start starving). RP through it. Can we break for lunch, anyone? Makes sense to me.
Amor Fati

Actually, one idea is to have it more like crafting, in that you start, and then you finish.

You see:
You start to eat a ginka friut.
(pause)
You take a bite from a ginka fruit.
(pause)
You take a bite from a ginka fruit.
(pause)
You finish eating a ginka fruit.

Others see:
The fat, ugly man starts to eat a ginka fruit.
(long pause)
The fat, ugly man finishes eating a ginka fruit.

Bob who is using the watch command on you:
The fat, ugly man starts to eat a ginka friut.
(pause)
The fat, ugly man takes a bite from a ginka fruit.
(pause)
The fat, ugly man takes a bite from a ginka fruit.
(pause)
The fat, ugly man finishes eating a ginka fruit.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"Actually, one idea is to have it more like crafting, in that you start, and then you finish.

That's neat. Less spam for ppl in general, but full spam for those that get off watching someone eat. I'm guessing if you got interrupted it would leave a partial eaten piece of food? Also, having what interrupts eating be pretty forgiving would be nice. For example, I'd like to Way while eating.
Amor Fati

I like it either way, halaster's or the original poster's.

Edit: And I like devour.

Actually, after thinking it over, if Halaster's way was to replace the existing way of eating: eat fruit, eat fruit, eat fruit, then I like his idea better than the original poster's.  :D  ..... Which is venoms.

Quote from: "Saphreal"I like it either way, halaster's or the original poster's.

I like gobble.   :P
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "Saphreal"I like it either way, halaster's or the original poster's.

I like gobble.   :P
I'd go with consume.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

*whips out dictionary.com*

I choose...ingurgitate.

But seriously, I like Halaster's idea. I would like to be able to sit up, rest, stand, way, walk, and do any number of things while eating, though.  Because I, personally, can never just EAT.  I must be doing something else, and for hardy Zalanthans busy on surviving, I imagine many more must be the same.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I still like my idea better because it cuts out the spam to my screen, which is what I wanna cut out in the first place. That said, Halaster's idea will be implemented before mine, so I say good going to whichever.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I like Hal's idea.
I voted no, btw.

What I don't want is the lack of being able to interrupt someone while eating.

I know that I have on occasion been very hungy, had to stop to eat and in the middle of that get attack by something...things can go from worse to bad in situations like that and I like the reality of it.

Suddenly the fight is over, you lost your kank, your pack...maybe you still have your half-eaten bagel in your inventory...and you're in the middle of the Red Desert.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Another option could be to incorporate these echoes into the brief menu, wrapped in some "ordinary" [non-combat] category.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]