Analyze

Started by creeper386, February 18, 2003, 04:30:46 PM

I'm just curious, and haven't quite figured out how it works... So I figure I'd ask...

How does analyze ACCTUALLY work?

I mean, sometimes you get a "What?" like it isn't a command. Sometimes you don't get nothing at all like you didn't type it in, don't even think your prompt comes up. And then sometimes you get told what it's made out of.

What does it all mean? There might even be more cicumstances I'm missing... Gah...

Creeper confused.
21sters Unite!

I'm fairly certain that, if you have an item that has been crafted or created by someone else....or just an item that's made up of more than one material, then you will be able to analyze what materials/objects went into the creation of the item. I also believe if you are not able to craft said items or work with said materials, then you will receive a "what?", or no answer at all. That's my take on analyze. Oh, and if it's too much ic info, by all means, wipe the sucker off this thread.

....ummmm, rock on?

Quote from: "a.) creeper386"I mean, sometimes you get a "What?" like it isn't a command.
This stems from the fat-finger disease.  You typed "aanlyze thing" or "anlyaze".

Quote from: "b.) creeper386"Sometimes you don't get nothing at all like you didn't type it in, don't even think your prompt comes up.
The item is not craftable.

Quote from: "c.) creeper386"And then sometimes you get told what it's made out of.
Ta-da.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Acctually Lazloth. No it's not spelled wrong. And yes the character has it. It can be spelled perfectly fine and still end up spitting back "What?"

And if the blank space as if you didn't even imput anything means it's not craftable... I think that needs to be fixed. You can imput it all day and it seems like the MUD doesn't respond at all. I have zMUD set up so my commands don't go to the screen. Type analyze object. Nothing scrolls. I don't get a new prompt I don't get nothing.

Anybody hear of someone fixing it so it isn't so confusing? And I'm absolutely serious about typing analyze right and it still comming up "What?". I didn't mispell it. It's happened to me all the time, I've checked my spelling every single time.

Creeper who has no clue, the who thing makes no sense and seems to be put together badly.
21sters Unite!

Yeah, what is the deal with analyze?

old code, old messages.

Only recently did the "rescue" message change from "BONZAI!!!!!!!!" to whatever it is now :P

From what I'm able to glean, the 'no answer' comes up on analyze only from store bought/produced items.  Items that have no 'compositional list' I guess.

*shrug*

Just a theory.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.