Character Generation Tips

Started by LoD, June 22, 2006, 06:13:16 PM

Huzzah me.  Out of my six or so total characters, 4 of them had unique portions or totally unique sdescs (according to the posted list).  Just what I didn't need, an ego boost.

Haha, from that giganto-enormous list (That's going to be in my next character's Sdesc), I can tell which of my characters you have and have not interacted with. Huzzah?
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on April 10, 2009, 02:01:50 AM
Haha, from that giganto-enormous list (That's going to be in my next character's Sdesc), I can tell which of my characters you have and have not interacted with. Huzzah?

Isn't it scary that this list is only from a span of a year, year and a half - and a good percentage of that time spent away from people?  That said, I did play primarly (but not entirely) in Tuluk during this timeframe.  For all I know, there could've been three belshun-eyed folks hanging around Allanak during that same period.
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

I got quoted. That makes me feel awesome.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

As a courtesy, I have re-uploaded my Character Personality Questionnaire once again to my new website for easier readability.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

I'm totally on there twice.  I feel proud.  Also, I know exactly from where I'm going to pick one word for my next sdesc.

1 - can somebody remind me what the playable age range of humans is?
2 - I seem to remember staff calling a moratorium on sdesc nouns like 'boy'. Is that true? Maybe it was just 'lad'. I never like lad anyway. makes me think the character is a dandy.

Quote from: Uberskaapie on November 20, 2009, 03:15:00 PM
1 - can somebody remind me what the playable age range of humans is?

13 to 57 to start, I believe.

2 - I seem to remember staff calling a moratorium on sdesc nouns like 'boy'. Is that true? Maybe it was just 'lad'. I never like lad anyway. makes me think the character is a dandy.

http://www.armageddon.org/general/words.html

However, mutant is no longer on the "definitely okay" list.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on July 17, 2009, 07:36:13 PM
As a courtesy, I have re-uploaded my Character Personality Questionnaire once again to my new website for easier readability.

this is dead, I believe.

Quote from: DustMight on February 01, 2010, 09:49:08 PM
Quote from: Aaron Goulet on July 17, 2009, 07:36:13 PM

this is dead, I believe.

Oh, crap, I've gotta re-upload it.  They deleted all of my stuff when I stopped paying for my site for a month.

If you want, I can put it on my site.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Yokunama on June 22, 2006, 07:07:06 PM
It wouldn't hurt to use zalanthan adjectives to describe the shape, feel, and look of your character's features.

Someone recently told me about a great site for picking descriptions, including many if not all of the Zalanthan adjectives / colors and whatnot.

Unfortunately the site was no longer up when I checked it, but through the magical powers of archive.org you can still access it!  ;D

http://web.archive.org/web/20011208073914/http://www.ci-n.com/~darklyn/armageddon/char.html#armspec

Be mindful when picking certain colors - the sky is not blue, after all.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 21, 2012, 11:00:49 PM

A.  1. Alecost Blossom /Salt Yellow
     2. Chedya Stems
     3. Haspeth Seeds
     4. Gohn Grass
     5. Joylit
     7. Kzul Leaves
    14. Dung/Bynner Brown

B.  1.
     3. Ginka Fruit /Blood Red
     5. Suk Krath Red
     7. Jihea Red / Redheart / Baobab
     8. Ox-hide Brown
     9. Cunyati-nut Brown
   10. Japak Fruit
   13. Glimmergrass
   14. Hytenni Grey

C.  1. Salt Purple
     7. Kadian Purple / Agafari Leaves
     8. Agafari Wood / Belshun Fruit
   10. Bakri Cone Brown
   12. Horta
   13. Ashkiss
   14. Ash

D.   1. Pymlithe
      2. Harelle Berries
      7. Salt Grey
      8. Azure

E.  1. Kanjel Blue
    11. Cerulean

F.
     4. Kalan Fruit
     5. Inix-Hide Green
     6. Citrodora Green
     7. Verinbloom
     8. Alecost Leaves
   11. Fafad

G.
     3. Firebreather
     4. Greenmantle
     7. Emerald
     8. Jade / Allanaki Green
     9. Fenrel
   10. Escrufoot
   11. Bimbal
   14. Khol

Feel free to post additions/suggestions/corrections in the color chart thread.  Especially colors that do not yet have a tag.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Jade and the 'nakki cross are more G9 than G8. Sort of a mix between G9 and F9, really.

June 24, 2012, 09:07:26 AM #65 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:09:36 AM by Maso
A8-A13 I would definitely consider to be sky colours....?

Also, spice, sand, salt-flats etc...Probably some of the most common colours in the South...
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game