Assess -v body

Started by I, July 06, 2006, 12:26:14 AM

With several characters I've had who have stumbled across dead bodies in the streets, I've been asked things like "What type of wounds were present? Did the attacker use an axe, sword, or club?" and I usually just shrug and tell the questioner that I didn't notice. Also, if you (being a psychopathic pattern killer) have murder 'rituals' or something characteristic you do with your victims, for example: removing the eyes or everything you kill and tracing circles around the sockets,  you can be quite restricted with the 'drop body eye sockets bloodied and empty'. I for one would find it beneficial to the game to have a separate description that could be written by the person holding the corpse and viewed with 'assess -v body' or 'view body'. Obviously, it should only be able to be written or edited once and by one PC only, and should possilby include at least one automatic line indicating the murder weapon (His body seems to be covered in large bruises and welts etc.).

So, if you typed look body, you would see the character's main description and nothing different, but if you typed in view boyd, it would show you an entirely different description written by the PC or a simple few sentences automatically put in with the code.
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain