Command: Playtime

Started by Warclone, July 03, 2006, 02:18:56 AM

Quote from: "Eternal"Lord Templar Hard Nose eyes you morbidly.

They took out 'consider'.  It broke my little heart. :(

Quote from: "Eternal"I'll change my vote on one condition...

I as the character/player get to choose who can see my playtime.

Lord Templar Hard Nose eyes you morbidly.

What do you think of my solution?

And no, common sense and observation dont work at all if your usual playtime and someone else's playtime just dont match. I can go out of my way to get on at an unusual (for me) time to proceed some important roleplay, but I really dont want to go out of my way constantly just for trial and error. Its a GAME.

Quote from: "Akaramu"
How about this:

Players can define 'playtime' as an option within their account menu. Then, if Salarri Bob really needs to deliver the fancy new sword to lord templar Hard nose,  he can send a request over the awesome request tool. The next time Lord templar Hard Nose logs into his account, he will be asked if he wants to consent to his playtime being send to Salarri Bob in email. No account names are revealed.

It has merit.  (Congratulations.)  Perhaps this could be something set to an account at the basic login (before you connect to your character).  Then, if you feel someone else needs to know, you could 'allow' <character> to access your playtimes.  If this is to be in place, the request tool isn't the best place for it, as anything that adds to administrative duties of the Staff without greatly enhancing the game for either them or us isn't efficient.

It does still seem to be something that could be accomplished through a clan thread, or a discreet ooc, just as easily.  I haven't yet seen a real use for it, beyond the potential merchant/templar interaction mentioned above... but then, it's not my cup of Wrath.  (Coding.)

Lord Templar Hard Nose applauds your ingenuity, now sell it.