Started by Yokunama, June 27, 2006, 11:53:31 PM

Would this be a great idea?

Yes
28 (82.4%)
No
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: July 17, 2006, 11:53:31 PM

I was talking with some friends, whom play armageddon, and we all ran into the same question. Why isn't there an option to reject a character while it is waiting for approval or somehow edit it? Maybe add the option to the request system?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

It would be good, but it might add on to the time it takes to get approved.
(not that I know for sure, its just, that what my guess is)

fear be anything on arm being similar to soi though, that would be a sin.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Quote from: "Yokunama"I was talking with some friends, whom play armageddon, and we all ran into the same question. Why isn't there an option to reject a character while it is waiting for approval or somehow edit it? Maybe add the option to the request system?

This is a sensible idea.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I say, hit the submit button and learn to be committed. :-D
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "FightClub"fear be anything on arm being similar to soi though, that would be a sin.

Didn't see that option there yet, so this would be great, we could be one step ahead of them ^^
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: "FightClub"fear be anything on arm being similar to soi though, that would be a sin.

Didn't see that option there yet, so this would be great, we could be one step ahead of them ^^
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Actually SoI does have the option for you to delete your own pending application. I think it would be a great idea to allow players to both edit and delete their PC before it has been reviewed. I don't see any reason why not, and I think it would be a great help for people who have second thoughts, think of something they want changed, or simply notice a typo which they can then correct without the imm having to bother doing it. This should be manually done from the log-in menu.
b]YB <3[/b]

Not only that but also saving partially completed character apps would be nice too
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

I think by the time you submit you should be totally ready. Spellchecked, double-checked, back-checked and certain.  If you find yourself consistently submitting and regretting, maybe you should be putting more time/thought/drafts into your character creation. In my opinion it's a matter of the respect you bring toward the writing in the game.

It seems unfair to me to make the staff code something like this when what it really comes down to is the player taking the time in crafting something they can be sure of and have pride in.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

This has been brought up before and I seem to remember staff responding to it.  The main worry is that this would mean people might try to edit or disable their app while an imm is trying to look at it or an imm try to approve it while it's being edited.  And coding around this problem would probably be a bigger pain than it's worth.

It's a good and workable idea but it might not be as useful as you think.  In general it's best for imms and players to write out apps ahead of time in a text editor and have them be as complete as possible before submitting them.

Quote from: "SpyGuy"It's a good and workable idea but it might not be as useful as you think.  In general it's best for imms and players to write out apps ahead of time in a text editor and have them be as complete as possible before submitting them.

Who says we are not writing them ahead of time?

People can have a change of heart and wish they can go back and edit the application a tad bit, add a few lines of text here and there, delete something, or maybe want to submit another character instead.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Yokunama"
Quote from: "SpyGuy"It's a good and workable idea but it might not be as useful as you think.  In general it's best for imms and players to write out apps ahead of time in a text editor and have them be as complete as possible before submitting them.

Who says we are not writing them ahead of time?

People can have a change of heart and wish they can go back and edit the application a tad bit, add a few lines of text here and there, delete something, or maybe want to submit another character instead.

I didn't mean to imply people supporting this idea weren't making good PCs or thorough in the app process.  I know that there can always be last minute changes but my main concern of this idea is whether or not it would create more problems and work for the Imms approving apps.  I'm led to believe it would from a previous thread.  If I'm wrong though it'd be a great addition to see in game though I don't feel it would be a high priority.

Staff has said that you can't be logged in for them to approve it.  If you're logged in, it should lock the app so that they can not approve/deny it.  As far as I understand, they could add the functionality for us to deny our own characters, since they can not while we're logged in.  I'm not saying I understand it, but I think you're getting overly worried, SpyGuy.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.