Wiki?

Started by Anonymous, June 21, 2006, 01:39:34 AM

I remember there was a wiki with logs and other juicy info on this game. However i can't seem to find links to it, i tried googling it and search the site. I think the first time i found it was through this forum link too which brings me to the question of why the best source on how to apporpriately RP on Armageddon MUD isn't posted smack center of the main page with big fonts? This is assuming it exsists i could be thinking of another mud.

There is only a staff wiki, and only staffers get to access it.  It's full of sekrets, I hear.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I think mayby a player wiki filled with command knowledge and history should be avalable, you know stuff IC that your charactor would hear about all over the place and growing up. Just a suggestion though.

ahh sorry i really though there was a wiki with logs that players sent to imms, which after being reviewed by the imm and after many moons passed they would post them on.My mistake.

Quote from: "Vessol"I think mayby a player wiki filled with command knowledge and history should be avalable, you know stuff IC that your charactor would hear about all over the place and growing up. Just a suggestion though.

You mean the homepage documentation. Sorry I know that was mean, but thats what it was there for, and if its something thats not there, just ask, thats what the board is for.

The risk of a public wiki would be primarily of people publishing more information than should be known, as often happens here.  At least here, the format is less authoratative and it is more obvious who is posting what.  Also, particular posts in violation of the IC posting rules are very easily removed, whereas a wiki might be more of a headache to properly maintain.

We have a staff wiki that works very well for collecting and organizing information which we occasionally return to you in the form of better documentation, and it definitely helps us keep better historical tracking for the game.

-- X

There's also the Original Submissions that holds stories, artwork, songs, and webpages.  And the RP logs, both on the website with player submitted content that is reviewed by staff and posted.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff