Mounts and other things.

Started by TheBlackKnight, June 19, 2006, 12:10:03 PM

I honestly think it would be nice to be able to sheath weapons while riding a mount. You would have to have the mount hitched of course. Just as if packing, but only weapons could be sheathed, including bows. I personly think it would help to have your uber huge spear sheathed to your mount instead of lugging it around on your back and then be able to wear your pack etc on your back instead of on your mount.. You would of course have to use the command just like any other sheath. As well (but this would take alot more coding and such) you could have arrows in a quiver packed to your mount and be able to draw from those and fire (of course better riding skills and archery would be required to pull it off safely without busting your melon).

Also I would like to see a super cheap quiver made of wood (much like the Asian quivers in a bit) to be used for those cheapy hunters/bandit types, or those who rarely need the added weight and expense of a quiver. I got the desc written up for it, but just wanted some feedback before submitting it on the submission's board and waisting time.

I would also like to see more mount gear out there, such as harnesses, saddles, halters, saddlebags, etc. Some would add to the ride skill and be expensive, others would just be designed to hold large amounts of goods but are basicly too large or what not for a char to wear. Just an idea.

This is just an idea, feel free to burn it down or give ideas suggestions etc.

You can't currently draw or sheath a weapon while you're riding a mount?

I'm not sure I understand the comment.. I draw and sheath my weapons all the time when I'm riding.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

He means you should be able to sheath your weapons into sheathes ON YOUR MOUNT. I think.

Kinda like...

sheathe two-handed-mushroom-club kank

draw club kank

I think it's a neat idea...
your mother is an elf.

I think it's a neat idea to flesh out mounts a bit more. After all, the players still have to find a place to hold all that crap when they aren't mounted...
Amor Fati

Drunk/spiced pcs trying to sheathe a weapon on their mounts should have a chance
of initiating combat with said mounts by accident.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Quote from: "Moofassa"He means you should be able to sheath your weapons into sheathes ON YOUR MOUNT. I think.

Kinda like...

draw club kank

You can already sheathe your two-handed-mushroom-club in a kank, I seen a
half giant roleplay it once.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Interesting, I will have to check to be sure, but I am pretty sure you cant. Either way I still think mounts should be fleshed out more, as was previously said they still have to find a place to stuff all their stuff when unmounted.

:D
Thanks

Edit::

sheath sword kank
Sheathe it where??

Codedly you cant. RP you can all you wont and should be seen accordingly. lol

Quote from: "Cyrian20"
Quote from: "Moofassa"He means you should be able to sheath your weapons into sheathes ON YOUR MOUNT. I think.

Kinda like...

draw club kank

You can already sheathe your two-handed-mushroom-club in a kank, I seen a
half giant roleplay it once.

Heh, Heh. Dirty.
your mother is an elf.