Started by Anarchy, June 18, 2006, 06:32:36 PM

What do you think?

Yes
40 (65.6%)
No
21 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: June 18, 2006, 06:32:36 PM

You still can't emote, which sucks, but I understand why. I'm pretty sure you can contact, though.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

No you're wrong, bloodfromstone. You cannot contact, emote and speak while paralyzed. I have -of course- never tried barrier but I'm pretty sure that won't work, too.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

It's pretty recent, I'm very sure that I contacted someone when paralyzed, but I'm also sure that none of it was possible with an earlier character.

Has there been a change that hasn't been announced?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I happen to know that you can use the Way to communicate while paralyzed.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Perhaps there are differenty types of paralysis stemming from different causes.  Regardless, I'm not sure we should be discussing what you can and can't do while under certain uncommon effects.

Yeah, I'm with Moe.  It's been discussed.  It's over.  Let's get on with our lives and not spoil too much for others, eh?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The thread about dying breaths is in its dying breaths?

Now that everyone has chilled a bit, I'd like to add that it's a nice idea when appropriate.
It's hard for the code to know when and where it's appropriate.

Me taking a flying leap into the silt sea: Not really.
Someone slowly stabbing me to death in places other than my lungs: Sure, why not.

Perhaps a whisper?  Something that isn't a shout so the twinks can't alert everyone?

Just a thought.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Alerting anyone? Twinks? Chill... Even if the ability to say was on, twinks wouldn't do anything. Death often causes a death cry, heard from a room away. We usually already make other people notice that someone died.

What I don't like is the logic. Code forces you to lose your conscience when your HP is below 0. So if your HP is above 0, speak, shout, crawl, do whatever you see fit.

If you're below 0 HP, lie down like a person dying, because that's what you are.

If the code changes to reflect the locations of wounds and makes you awake when you're chopped badly once at your chest and twice at arms and you speak, good for you. Other than that, I wouldn't like the randomized chance to remain awake.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Cenghiz"Alerting anyone? Twinks? Chill... Even if the ability to say was on, twinks wouldn't do anything. Death often causes a death cry, heard from a room away. We usually already make other people notice that someone died.

The death cry is a relic from the diku days.  I imagine it will eventually disappear in
favor of something more realistic, so it is a mild concern.  And I'm quite chilled, but
thank you for asking.

Quote from: "Cenghiz"What I don't like is the logic. Code forces you to lose your conscience when your HP is below 0. So if your HP is above 0, speak, shout, crawl, do whatever you see fit.

If you're below 0 HP, lie down like a person dying, because that's what you are.

It doesn't have to be that way.  If you still have sufficient stun but are out of health,
there's no reason why a pc couldn't be conscious for a short duration.

Quote from: "Cenghiz"If the code changes to reflect the locations of wounds and makes you awake when you're chopped badly once at your chest and twice at arms and you speak, good for you. Other than that, I wouldn't like the randomized chance to remain awake.

As you can see above, my description is not all that random.  As long as you have
stun, you're conscious even if you're dying.  It's a pretty simple equation really.

Instead of such a change of code, I would like to see more people play scenes before dying, killing encounters. I know that sucks when you try to create scene and other types "n,n,n,n,e,e,e," but if you are lucky, the reward is pretty good.

After all, what is the meaning of PK without RP anyway, making some written text change adding a "body" word before it?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Quote from: "Gaare"Instead of such a change of code, I would like to see more people play scenes before dying, killing encounters. I know that sucks when you try to create scene and other types "n,n,n,n,e,e,e," but if you are lucky, the reward is pretty good.

After all, what is the meaning of PK without RP anyway, making some written text change adding a "body" word before it?

I agree there should be rp, but that doesn't seem feasible in ambushes or spontaneous
combat.

Quote from: "Intrepid"I agree there should be rp, but that doesn't seem feasible in ambushes or spontaneous combat.

If not against an NPC, why not?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Quote from: "Gaare"If not against an NPC, why not?

What if you attack me and I don't think you're going to kill me?  What if I think it's
the other way around?  Do we act as if I killed you?  Combat is also less predictable
than we give it credit for.  I've had a few lucky shots on someone who normally
kicked my butt and nearly killed them.

This is the reason I never liked MUSHs, personally.

It doesn't have to be that way. If you still have sufficient stun but are out of health,
there's no reason why a pc couldn't be conscious for a short duration.

You're pretty much dead at 0 HP and below. It's the equivalent of being shot from five feet away by someone with a shotgun. Some people have lived through it, but chances are you aren't going to. That guy, in Saving Private Ryan, who had his guts coming out and was trying to put them back in? He wasn't even at 0 HP.

Quote from: "jcarter"You're pretty much dead at 0 HP and below. It's the equivalent of being shot from five feet away by someone with a shotgun. Some people have lived through it, but chances are you aren't going to. That guy, in Saving Private Ryan, who had his guts coming out and was trying to put them back in? He wasn't even at 0 HP.

That's not dead; that's dying. ;)