Infobar ANSI conflict fix

Started by Sephiroto, June 18, 2006, 10:41:28 AM

I'm not sure how many people this effects, but generally you'll get some random ANSI color when you toggle infobar on (with MUSHclient atleast).

To counter this turn infobar off and change your pagelength from 30 to 31, for instance, and keep changing the page length until the ANSI colors return to to normal.  Now you can use infobar without your text color or background color being screwed up.

I've found it to actually be the "bold" color, not a random color. And I've found "reading" a rumor board post gets rid of it.

I'm curious about this because it doesn't make sense to me that people with GUI (or even decent text-based) clients would use infobar at all.  Why not turn infobar off entirely and just use triggers to pull out your character's stats from your prompt?

-- X

Quote from: "Xygax"I'm curious about this because it doesn't make sense to me that people with GUI (or even decent text-based) clients would use infobar at all.  Why not turn infobar off entirely and just use triggers to pull out your character's stats from your prompt?
Because
1) prompt only updates when your screen scrolls by (quite often it doesn't do this when sleeping).
2) It's a lot more hassle for people, especially those who aren't trigger-inclined. I -did- have a plugin setup to work with my prompt, I don't know if I could still get it to work though.