Question about Furniture

Started by Homeowner Kank, June 04, 2006, 08:21:38 AM

Yay. Finally got my own place to stay and that, but I don't know the commands to, say, put the chair at the table, etc.

Also, is there a way to see what items aren't displayed on the room's desc?

drop chair
put chair table

It's weird, yeah. Any items you have will probably be hinted at in the main room description if they're not visible in the room. If not you could probably bug it and have it fixed.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

"Look tables" can tell you where places to sit are that are only alluded to in the room's description.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

I think pull chair table is the reverse of put chair table. Hope that helps.
Amor Fati

It's get chair table/put chair table. I'm 100% sure.. The helpfiles 'get' and 'put' show this use.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Cenghiz"It's get chair table/put chair table. I'm 100% sure.. The helpfiles 'get' and 'put' show this use.

Just make sure to drop the chair first, as was mentioned above. You do not really need the chair to stand on the top of the table.   :wink:

'help table' has it all.

QuoteTables  (Movement)  

In many of the common areas of cities (and elsewhere throughout the game), there are tables available for public use. Chairs can be moved from one table to another.

Syntax:

look tables

sit at <num>
sit with <person>
sit <chair> <table>
stand

get chair table
put chair table (chair must be on ground, not held in inventory)

talk <msg>

Examples:

> sit at 1

> sit with Azroen

> sit stool bar

> stand

> talk so, do you want to buy it or not

Note:

When manipulating chairs, they must be on the ground, and not in
your inventory. Drop the chair before putting it on a table, otherwise
you will be putting it on top of the table, which, while amusing, makes
it impossible to sit on aforementioned chair.
your mother is an elf.

Nah, it doesn't, or at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't.  I've never seen a command that can list the sotrage objects in a room, including the ones only mentioned in the description.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Then try "l tables" the pretty sure Dalmeth..
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]