SimSilt

Started by Larrath, May 31, 2006, 07:31:17 PM

Quote from: "Recent Changes"05/31/2006: Applied SimDesertLite to the Silt Sea -- Vanth

I'm in love.
I think I'm going to faint.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Larrath and SimSilt sittin' in a tree...

Sounds great! I think I'll be able to stay upright, but I'm very pleased with the idea.
b]YB <3[/b]

You know you want to go check it out.  :twisted:
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

The silt sea scares me.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "Vanth"You know you want to go check it out.  :twisted:
I do, I do! But I've yet to ever have a character survive exploring the Silt Sea :(

Damn right... Damn it!
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "LauraMars"The silt sea scares me.

Its fun. Theres no telling what you might find in the silt.

If you find the Sun King and the Highlord making out, tell me every detail.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Yokunama"Its fun. Theres no telling what you might find in the silt.

Actually, it is not too hard to guess what you will find there.

Vanth, if I knew how to check out the Silt Sea without drowning one room in, believe me, I would be all over that shit.

Ninja-edit: Which brings up a good point: is there any way coded in game to actually do that, outside of magick? If not, what are the staff thoughts on making the silt sea a viable place to take a ship out to and go fishing or whatever the hell people do out there? Red Storm would be so much cooler than it is now, which is pretty cool, but this would bring it to Fonzie cool.

jcarter:  You can safely assume that we're not populating it for the sole purpose of enticing you to come drown in silt.

Not the sole purpose, at least.

-- X

There is a coded way.

I do not know if it is anything that players can have unlimited access to like Taverns and Armors and Mounts, but it most certianly does exist.

I do hope that that aspect becomes more automated and staff-free, if it is not already.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If you mean the skimmers, I think they exist virtually.

Or they were virtual, last time I checked.

Quote from: "jcarter"is there any way coded in game to actually do that, outside of magick?
You wouldn't find ME creating a magicker who wants to go exploring in the Silt Sea. The Highlord only knows what effect it would have, even if you did cast a spell on someone away from the Silt Sea and that person then travelled to the Sea. The spell might suddenly do something crazy once you neared the Sea's shores, or entered it.

Quote from: "Xygax"jcarter:  You can safely assume that we're not populating it for the sole purpose of enticing you to come drown in silt.

Not the sole purpose, at least.
Hmmm, purposes they could have without the purpose being exploring it:
* Making the NPCs act in a more realistic manner (does the SimSilt code make NPCs eat each other?).

I've got nothing else. I'd be damned if I could work out a way to explore the Silt Sea without a skimmer. Besides, with a skimmer you can't go diving underneath the surface... or can you? Are there Submarine-skimmers? Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

As far as I know, Vanth has put great effort in making a coded way to entering the sea of silt, even for mundane folks. What? No.. that's too IC. But Vanth does not make improvements that the playerbase cannot see at all and laugh at us.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

The Silt Sea is no longer like a huge bucket, in the sense that you go straight from solid shoreline to drowning.  Like most Seas, it now becomes deeper gradually as you move further into it.

You can expect more in the future, but you'll have to wait a bit.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!