Knowing someone's mind

Started by MorganChaos, May 31, 2006, 06:49:24 PM

I don't know if this is in place, but it would be cool if it was. If you contact a specific person a lot, you start to "know" their mind and it's easier to contact them.

Something I know isn't in place that I think would also be cool: After awhile of contact a person and being contacted, instead of "A foreign presence contacts your mind" you see "The dude contacts your mind." It would stand to reason that after awhile, you'd start to know what your best friend or sibling or parent or boss' mind felt like when they contacted you, no?
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

I think it could interfere with the Way and various Way-related abilities and effects.  Plus, I always get that "eeep, who's contacting me?  What do they want?!" panic whenever I get contacted.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

If this took a long time (on the order of learning a new language or accent) to develop, I think it could actually be pretty decent.

I'd suggest that someone would have to have a very high contact skill first before relationships like this would become possible, too.

I think it would be an interesting addition to the Way, however, I would suggest that in order to gain this knowledge, it not be based on the amount of times one person contacts another or vice versa, but is gained by how much goes through the 'psi' command. So it would be based more on the communication than the actual establishment of a link between two people.

Quote from: "Larrath"I think it could interfere with the Way and various Way-related abilities and effects.  Plus, I always get that "eeep, who's contacting me?  What do they want?!" panic whenever I get contacted.
I had a dream last night that I was being contacted by a psionic devil (as in I got this message:
QuoteA foreign presence contacts your mind.
You have been contacted by a devil.

So yeah, I often get the "eep, whose in my mind" feel, but nowhere near as much as I did in my dream last night  :shock:

As for the idea, don't like it. I'd like it if someone you became use to contacting didn't cost as much stun points, but I imagine that'd spammy to create a list of your proficiency in contacting every single person you've contacted, especially for long-lived characters.