Certain "safe rooms in the city"

Started by JRB, May 31, 2006, 08:53:06 AM

I have a suggestion for certain known safe rooms people are known to log out inside within major cities.  It seems they tend to accumulate new players who simply enter into the room and cut link.  My suggestion is that, in said room, every 30-60 minutes the room would force all people who are linkdead in that room to quit.
he two-page description man has arrived from the west.

Since most ppl that go link dead in said rooms are n00bs that become pickpoket target dummies, I approve of this plan.
Amor Fati

It would be really awesome if the players who do that would get some kind of email reminder or something about how you have to type quit, and then x to quit out of the game, and how not doing so leaves them linkdead and vulnerable.  I'm always worried when I see PCs like that that they aren't aware of that fact.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

That would be great. What if instead of an email, the next time they looged in they'd get a little message?

Killing their character usually sends the same message, but that's also a shit sort of thing to do. I'm in favor of something similar to this.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Dear god would I love this. It's really irritating going into a quit room and talking to someone only to realize that it's a LD noob, then going back and having to come up with an IC reason why I left and came back.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"It would be really awesome if the players who do that would get some kind of email reminder or something about how you have to type quit, and then x to quit out of the game, and how not doing so leaves them linkdead and vulnerable.

Why limit this functionality to quit only rooms?  When a char has dropped link anywhere in the world for 30-60 minutes then an email is sent explaining what it means to be linkdead.
hang is actually...

I personally never understood why linkdead players aren't automatically purged after a number of hours, when inside cities.
b]YB <3[/b]

Even though I'm unsure, I guess the code cannot determine that you're linkdead. That's why when someone reconnects it echoes:

The fat mofo has disconnected.
The fat mofo has reconnected.

Though, as I said, I'm not sure.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

It can - I've played on a mud with far less robust code than Arm's that would put a flashing (LD) in front of a player when he went LD.

There are a dozen very good reasons why Arm doesn't do the same.

Still, this idea is a good one.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

From the account (as in you are logged in but have not entered the game), if you are idle for some amount of time, the mud will auto-kick you.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"From the account (as in you are logged in but have not entered the game), if you are idle for some amount of time, the mud will auto-kick you.

Yeah, it's like a minute from what I can tell. Nothing really happens if you don't hit x since the advent of idling off the menu.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.