Movement Echoes

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, May 23, 2006, 08:59:12 PM

Can we please have an local echo attached to movement, much like the echo on look now?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Seconded.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

While we're at it.. I'd really, really like emoted movement to echo to the player.

Yes please.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Toggle-able, please.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

To add on, this would also help those poor newbies realize they're running everywhere.

And those forgetful vets..

yes
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Yeah.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Quote from: "Delirium"To add on, this would also help those poor newbies realize they're running everywhere.
It would definitely help, but until that happens I've found prompt helps a lot. My standard prompt is:

prompt %L\\n%n: %h/%Hhp %v/%Vmv %t/%Tst | %w; %k; %s>\\n

I hate cluttering my screen with a prompt, though.

I'm a purist I guess.

Quote from: "Delirium"I hate cluttering my screen with a prompt, though.

I'm a purist I guess.

I feel the same way. My prompt is nothing more than hp/stun/moves.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I agree, this would be nice.

QuoteIt would definitely help, but until that happens I've found prompt helps a lot.

I use infobar and no prompt, so that wouldn't help me much. I see your point though :)
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"I use infobar and no prompt, so that wouldn't help me much. I see your point though :)
What client do you use? And does it stay at the bottom of the screen?

I've never gotten infobar to work (I use MUSHClient).

zMUD. Did you set the correct pagelength?
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"zMUD. Did you set the correct pagelength?
Err.. could you give me step by step instructions how to set it up? Would you mind?

'help pagelength'
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"'help pagelength'
*nod* It just says to set it to whatever you want. I've got mine at 40 (which is nearly the whole screen)

I have no idea how to determine what pagelength you'll need, I just kept trying until it worked. If the infobar is up in the middle of the screen, just type a higher number and you should see it climb down until it's where you want it.

Edit: I think it's related to your screen resolution or something. Mine is 1024x768 and works with pagelength 48
b]YB <3[/b]

Actually, this is what it looks like. Numbers changed to protect the innocent.

That option is invalid.
Choose thy fate:
C

Enter your account name:  
Myaccount
Password:
mypassword  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                             Health: Mana: Stamina: Stun:             10(10)            10(10)            10(10)            10(10)

Last on: Tue May 23 20:22:55 2006 to Wed May 24 00:47:33 2006 from an IP Address
Last failed login: Thu Apr 14 21:37:55 2005 from a different IP address

Welcome back Account name
Reconnecting to your character...
Reconnected.

Fennio: 90/90hp 105/111mv 90/90st | walking; riding: none; sitting>
l
Some Place [Lots]
A room desc would be here.
An item would be here.

this is my prompt>
contact Tektolnes
You suffer from use of the Way.
You are unable to reach their mind.

this is my prompt again>
           1(10)            2(10)            3(10)            4(10)            5(10)            6(10)            7(10)            8(10)            9(10)            10(10)
It isn't suppose to look like this, is it?

Nope, John, that ain't it.  That is helpful, but it isn't the way the infobar is supposed to work.  I've only seen it work with Zmud, if you have the pagelength set properly you wind up with a line at the bottom like:

88 (90)   102 (104)  99 (110)  99 (99)

And it automatically updates while staying all the time at the bottom of the screen.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yeah, I tested it in telnet. I checked the MUSHClient forums, the correct functionality won't be added anytime soon.