GBD Accounts

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, May 23, 2006, 08:49:22 PM

With SQL in place, we should be able to share statistics and features between the game and the GBD. With that in mind, a new menu option under your game account should be to make a GBD account.

This would ensure that only players could have accounts to this board.

Well?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

This has been discussed at the AIM and we're working on it.  One of the issues we're looking at is that many people like to make multiple GDB accounts in order to join clan boards without their identity coming up.

Be aware that the game and the discussion boards do not run on the same server.

Perhaps you could give people the option to create and delete accounts from their Armageddon account. This means, then, that each user could have three accounts, forexample, and create and delete aliases if they wish to. This would allow them to have a custom alias for each character if they wanted, or to change their main GBD name if they wanted to, etc.

In any case, spamming would be virtually impossible, I'd think, after an implementation such as that.

I'm sure you all are working on it, and such, but just an idea, yeah?

:)

What about the people that havn't had the courage to play before having to ask a question on the GDB?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"What about the people that havn't had the courage to play before having to ask a question on the GDB?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that this be the required method of signing up on the GBD.

edit: Never mind, he did say that. I don't think that's necessarily a good idea.

All it has to do is give an option to create a GDB when a brand new Arm account is made inside the game.

If the player wants to make new accounts later for secrecy purposes, that's fine. No biggy. But until then, he has a GDB account and that's great.

This is a cool idea.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"What about the people that havn't had the courage to play before having to ask a question on the GDB?

They can still post as guests. But only spammers who are humanly operated will be able to post at all, and as you'll note, lately, there have been no guest spammers, only automated accounts.

I hope I'm not being presumptuous here. I've read months of this board and the archives and seen a lot of strange stuff from guests and bots. Okay and some strange stuff from players too :) I have a suggestion that ties in with the first person's idea on this thread, if you feel it's useful.

Non-player can post only in certain threads, you have to be registered and logged in to post in other threads. Not-logged-in can post in ask the staff, ask the players, the newbie threads created by staff members, and maybe general discussion. Only logged-in can post everywhere else. That way the anonymous "guest" kank can ask if his ability to kill a magicker from 20 paces by spitting against the wind is a bug or a feature :)

Only registered logged in players can post in OOC Idle Chatter (since the point of that seems to be a place where players can relax and enjoy their own community).

When you're in the game and you get clanned code-wise, the thing says "You have been clanned in House Fale, which has a GDB folder. Check the game menu when you next log in or out to add yourself to that folder." And you get a new option to get into the clan folder on the game menu, and you can add a different e-mail address and GDB name for that clan if you want. If you haven't joined that folder yet and your character dies or gets booted from the clan in the interim, the option ceases to exist. So the option for the GDB clan folder, from the game menu, would be tied directly to the code that tells the game you're in the clan.

Would all that be too much, to complex? Or does it sound reasonable and sensical?

L. Stanson
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.