Lock and Close, Same Time

Started by Aldiel, May 20, 2006, 11:46:05 PM

How hard would it be to code this...

unlock door
You unlock the door with a key and push it open.

lock door
You push the door closed and lock it with a key.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

IMO this is something easily "coded" with your client. Just set a trigger.

I say this because...what if you don't want to open the door after locking/unlocking it? Who knows.

I know with the client I use (Gmud) you could simply click the triggers button, and for the 'text to trigger the command' option you could type:
'you unlock/lock the door' (whichever)
and the command can be open door.

*shrug*

I don't see the necessity for it.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Thanks, main problem is clients just confuse me so much, lol.  No, I see a small, small reason for it, but I could just as easilyRP unlocking the door and not opening it for that once in the million times I just want to unlock the door and not actually open it.  Really the only time I could ever see not wanting to do both is if you where a girl fiddling with her keys after bringing home a hot date.  :D
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

What if . . . er, Ok, I got one.  You have trapped your own door to explode when it is opened, because you are a big jerk.  For some reason you want it unlocked so someone else can trigger the trap, but you don't want to trigger the trap yourself.  If you gave them your key they might get suspicious, because no one in their right mind would ever let a key out of their sight.  You unlock the door, raise one hand to your temple in the stereotypical manner and exclaim, "Feck, Templar Tightpants needs to see me RIGHT NOW!  Look, I'll be back as soon as I can, you go on in.  If you are hungry help yourself to whatever is on the table.  Gotta go go go!"  Then you resist the urge to laugh manically, run a few rooms away, and wait for the BOOM!  Mah ha ha ha ha.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yeah, there are quite a few situations where you would want the door unlocked but not opened.  I really don't want to see this go in...like, violently and murderously opposed to this going in.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Angela Christine"What if . . . er, Ok, I got one.  You have trapped your own door to explode when it is opened, because you are a big jerk.  For some reason you want it unlocked so someone else can trigger the trap, but you don't want to trigger the trap yourself.  If you gave them your key they might get suspicious, because no one in their right mind would ever let a key out of their sight.  You unlock the door, raise one hand to your temple in the stereotypical manner and exclaim, "Feck, Templar Tightpants needs to see me RIGHT NOW!  Look, I'll be back as soon as I can, you go on in.  If you are hungry help yourself to whatever is on the table.  Gotta go go go!"  Then you resist the urge to laugh manically, run a few rooms away, and wait for the BOOM!  Mah ha ha ha ha.

Angela Christine

On day I will make a city character and I am going to get killed by AC... I look forward to crying.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

This looks like the kind of suggestion people who like to pkill behind locked doors would make. Don't be lazy, type them both out, or if you must, use a macro. I've managed to save my own ass once or twice before people could lock up behind themselves, so .... Yang utters a resounding: NEVER!

Quote from: "Yang"This looks like the kind of suggestion people who like to pkill behind locked doors would make. Don't be lazy, type them both out, or if you must, use a macro. I've managed to save my own ass once or twice before people could lock up behind themselves, so .... Yang utters a resounding: NEVER!

:x  That was a bit of a rude statement.

Edit: And completely untrue mind you.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Quote from: "Aldiel"
Quote from: "Yang"This looks like the kind of suggestion people who like to pkill behind locked doors would make. Don't be lazy, type them both out, or if you must, use a macro. I've managed to save my own ass once or twice before people could lock up behind themselves, so .... Yang utters a resounding: NEVER!

:x  That was a bit of a rude statement.

Edit: And completely untrue mind you.

or if your using your apartment a lot alias 1 unlock door w
alias 2 open door w
alias 3 close door e
alias 4 lock door e
so you can 1 2 w 3 4

Just an idea to get you through in the mean time.

In Aldiel's defense, I am sure he is just trying to save time as I have
rp'd with him with several characters and he has never struck me as the type
that aim's for a pk that is in any way out of character.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I knew I would get the responses I did, although I don't really understand them.

Edit: Thanks, Cyrian
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L