Rotting. Yum.

Started by Spoon, May 20, 2006, 01:29:30 PM

From http://www.armageddon.org/general/illness.html

QuoteSand Rot - An infection of the skin which causes the tissue to decay at an extraordinarily rapid pace. The causes of the infection are unknown, though it is generally a rare condition that is most commonly found amongst the desert tribes. Elves, for some reason, are immune to its effects.

Can half-elves get sand rot? Or do you reckon some do, some don't, depending on how elfy they are?

I'd say it depends on where they grew up.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I wouldn't.  I'd say it was about 50-50.  Elves are immune to it.  Not, people who grew up in city X are immune to it.  

If the Half-Elf is more elven, then yes.  If not, then no.  

But, Staff has the final say, of course.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Considering that it's rare in the first place, I imagine half-elves would just be highly resistent to it thanks to their elf half.

Maybe if a half-elf was stripped naked and then pinned to the ground by three other naked people, all of whom had Sand Rot, the half-elf could contract it.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Quote from: "slipshod"Maybe if a half-elf was stripped naked and then pinned to the ground by three other naked people, all of whom had Sand Rot, the half-elf could contract it.
This is just creepy.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "slipshod"Maybe if a half-elf was stripped naked and then pinned to the ground by three other naked people, all of whom had Sand Rot, the half-elf could contract it.

Sounds like a Fale party idea to me...
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: "Pale Horse"

Sounds like a Fale party idea to me...

This is disturbing cause I play a lot of half-elves.

Are they at least hot? So Breedboy/Breedgirl can die happy?
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

I don't know the answer, but a question that might help to solve this mystery would be if a horse and a donkey breed, and their is a disease that can only effect a horse, will the mule get it?
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

And the answer is..  That depends on the disease.

Hows about... sounding hoarse.

BAM

aww shit, I can't even think up crap jokes.

The answer depends on whether or not the immunity to sand rot is a recessive or dominant trait.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Even then, it would depend on the half-elf.  Unless the recessive gene was carried on the elf-marker gene, and linked to it somehow, so that no halfie could get the gene, unless it was near-completely elf, with only a few very small human characteristics.

Edit to add:

This gave me a good idea for all those 'no necks, or breeds' clans.  Just give all your guys sand rot, to make sure they're full men!  Change the name from Sand Rot, to Humans Rule Syndrome.