Player Kudos

Started by Halaster, May 13, 2006, 08:50:59 AM

While I'm not one to really want to generate more work for the staff, I would recommend people don't forget about the Player Kudos option in the request tool ( www.armageddon.org/request ).  If you submit a Kudos for another player through that, we'll pass it on (anonymously) to them - and people really really love getting them.  It's a nice validation for them when they receive a kudos from another player.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

You've done it now.  I love sending thank you notes.

*sends twenty*
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Does this have to be completely anonymous or can you let the player know who you are? Like, is it just for "you rock!" or is "you rock because of this-reason-which-would-make-it-easy-to-guess-who-I-am" okay?
b]YB <3[/b]

I make the reason understandable to the imms. Usually this also leads to the other player guessing who you are, but who cares. I don't think anyone you found worthy of sending a kudos will use the little OOC info he has - "X's player likes to play with me.".
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Usually, I wait until I've heard of them, or myself being sent back to the mantis before I send kudos, is that alright?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Answers:

We send them anonymously unless you specfically state that you want them to know who it's from.  If you don't specify, we send it anonymous.  So if you want them to know, include in there "let them know I said this", or something like that.

You don't have to wait until they're dead to send kudos.  We get plenty for people who are alive.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

QuoteYou don't have to wait until they're dead to send kudos. We get plenty for people who are alive.

You mean for characters that are still alive.  Halastar make me sad by getting me to imagine sending thank you notes to dead players.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

As someone who's gotten a few of these already I really have to say that there's almost nothing I like reading better in my morning emails than to hear that I've impacted the player base in some positive way.

It is a really, really nice feeling to know that you've enhanced someone else's enjoyment of the game to the point where they want to thank you for it.  In fact, come to think of it, I need to do a couple of these myself.  Thankless bastard!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Player complaints...mmm...

I've sent out more than I received, but it's not like it's a contest.  I say send out kudos not just for overall play, but even for specific scenes.  Some scenes are so good that people just have to be commended.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Rather than ask the IMMs to tell the other person who you are, you can also consider just sending along the compliment to staff members so they can choose to note it in the person's file. This allows you to compliment a person without revealing who you are.

I want to mention again how ultimately cool this is.

Want to see the game improve?  Send kudos for things you like from your fellow players.  You always get more of what you reward.

And EVERYBODY loves getting them.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Don't forget staff kudos too, they probably feel the same.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"Don't forget staff kudos too, they probably feel the same.

Droids don't have feelings.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I thought I was totally bombing (as in doing a shit job) my character before I got a kudos..

What a perk..

Hot Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: "Hot_Dancer"I thought I was totally bombing (as in doing a shit job) my character before I got a kudos..

What a perk..

Hot Dancer
And as someone who recently sent two kudos (I went from seeing no players that I thought were doing an exceptional job to seeing two in the space of three days) it's really good to hear things like that :) I doubt I was the one who sent you the kudos, but it still feels good to hear that yes, they really do make people happy.

Out of curiousity, if you send a kudos to a player, how in depth you specific which character you mean? What if it is Amos? What if it is Amos and keeps hood up all the time?

One char I included what was possibly their name along with their main desc.  The other player I included their sdesc and their possible name. Both kudos got to their players.

Quote from: "Morfeus"Out of curiousity, if you send a kudos to a player, how in depth you specific which character you mean? What if it is Amos? What if it is Amos and keeps hood up all the time?
I always send as much Info as I can.
Such as
QuoteName- Sdesc- house/tribe/company of employment
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Nobody every Kudos' me. I must really suck.
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: "Moofassa"Nobody every Kudos' me. I must really suck.

Yeah, same here.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I only Kudo people who I've had a great scene with (or after a long had good scenes on a regular basis that were more memorable then most). So if I don't Kudo you, it means you're good. Not that you suck (well, okay. It could mean you suck. But it probably doesn't).