Stealth / Shadow changes - Discuss

Started by Halaster, May 10, 2006, 09:33:07 AM

Quote from: "SpyGuy"Can't it just be made the when you shadow someone it retests hide/sneak every room like it would it you were manually trailing them?

I think that's the recent change.

Wait, I'm wrong again.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Not exactly.  You remain hidden so long as you succeed at sneaking.  If you fail, you are exposed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

So there's just the sneak check? So if you hide succesfully, you remain hidden until you fail a sneak check?

That's pretty cool.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

And here I thought people got enjoyment out of this game from the sheer joy of roleplaying, not crunching numbers.

Oh, my naive little world, how it crumbles...

I'm BORED of people asking code again and again and again and again! Please do stop it. Make an assassin/ranger/whatever and try it IG. Then 'mail' to the MUD account about your concerns. NOT TO THE GDB. It's not the old mail system which was cluttered with mails and imms couldn't respond in time. They response in less than 24 hours nearly all the time.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

how about letting the concentration not break when you type hide and victim you shadow moves.

hide
shadow woman

Woman walks west.
You follow woman and sneaked west.

Woman walks west.

hide
You serach for a place to hide.

Woman walks west.

You attempt to hide yourself..

i dont think concentration losts are realistic in some situations.

I wouldn't like that. Concentration loss should remain the same, because when you hide - you either find a spot where you won't get noticed easily (a shadowy corner, before a pile of junk) or you blend into the crowd and become undiscernable (a group of burly hunters, four people standing in a corner arguing about a trick in dart throwing).

When you move, you would have to leave your spot - so give up your hide attempt at all.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

then hide-shadow would be so useless against spamwalk..
some people type n;eeeee;nnn;ww,nnn to get their apartment.. and they will be so safe from now on that noone is shadowing them, because of the high fail probability afer that much of chasing.

Why do you assume there's a high-fail probability? Have you any proof except Synthesis' theory?

Please do try it first. People also have assumed steal is nerfed grieveously without any attempt at trying it. Read the GDB, but do not assume everything in it is true except official staff posts.