Should it be possible to fail at poisoning?

Started by Poisoner, May 07, 2006, 06:38:46 PM

As it is, you either have the skills and can do it, or you don't have the skill and you can't. What does everyone think about making it like any other skill, you can try without it on your list.

I came across across a poison that says, in the description, you drop it in their drink to poison them. Then I tried this and it tells me, "You don't know anything about poison." That is all fine and dandy, but I know that this Item is Poisonous, I know how to put something in a shot, and I want to give this, Martini-like, drink to this fellow Pc.

Thoughts? Comments?

That's a good point.

I don't think certian poisoning should even have skill checks.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I dunno... have you ever tried slipping a roofie into someone's Tequila Sunrise? It's a bitch.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Cegar"I dunno... have you ever tried slipping a roofie into someone's Tequila Sunrise? It's a bitch.

Yea, if they are holding it, then it would be a use of the poison skill. If you had the Sunrise and you were taking it to them, then the roofie will disappear before they get it and all you did was "put pill sunrise."
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Perhaps my Humor skill isn't high enough =/
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Certain poisons do not require skill checks.  Beyond that information, I think this thread should be locked due to potential IC info.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Also, there might be other aspects involved in the poisoning part besides just adding it to the drink or food in question. You might be able to cut up or add whatever poison, but if not done correctly and with the knowledge of how to poison, the drink/food might not look at all like the original, might become spoiled due to the poison, or a number of other situations (not quite sure what actually, but I can guess).

Not all operations with poisons require skills of any sort. And no, I'm not talking about 'drink/eat' ones. You'll probably have to figure it out yourself, but it's ... extremely intuitive.

Other then that, you can already fail in poisoning if you got the skill, so it's not either this or that.

The answer to this question is REALLY IC and shouldn't be posted here.

Thanks.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"The answer to this question is REALLY IC and shouldn't be posted here.
The would be poisoner asks "How do I pour this liquid into a glass?"

Everyone in the room looks at the would be poisoner as if he's daft.

I'll take your word for it that the answer is somehow IC. But it definitely looks like a syntax issue to your ignorant would-be poisoner.

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"The would be poisoner asks "How do I pour this liquid into a glass?"

I'll take your word for it that the answer is somehow IC. But it definitely looks like a syntax issue to your ignorant would-be poisoner.

It is and it isnt, and there's a good reason why people cant answer this better. Sometimes, depending on what you know ICly, the end result of using the 'very' same command is different, but figuring out what causes what, when, and how is the part that one gets to discover for themselves, or not discover ... It's easy to get confused, yeah :)

Help poison
help skill poison
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I always thought, if you don't have the skill for poison, you do not know how to mix the two stuff so well that it would not smell/taste/look different than the original stuff.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Folker"
Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"The would be poisoner asks "How do I pour this liquid into a glass?"

It is and it isnt, and there's a good reason why people cant answer this better. Sometimes, depending on what you know ICly, the end result of using the 'very' same command is different, but figuring out what causes what, when, and how is the part that one gets to discover for themselves, or not discover ... It's easy to get confused, yeah :)

I did not say that.. You quoted the wrong person :)

-shrug-
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Yeaaaah. he quoted you, I quoted him, but edited out his name out of the quote, and ended up with you. Get out of my quote, you ... poo poo head.