Skill Idea: Carry

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, May 03, 2006, 12:07:43 PM

Well, how do you feel about being carried?

Pick me up.
13 (92.9%)
Put me down.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 03, 2006, 12:07:43 PM

I'll broach this topic once more, hoping that it's something Morgenes or Xygax like, and the rest of the player base as well.

I want to suggest a skill/command called carry, whereby you can carry, rather than drag with subdue, a person. In this manner, there would be no worries about crim code in cities, and the echoes would not be off-key when roleplaying out a carrying situation.

An example of where this might be useful:
OLD  -  The massive giant has arrived from the west, dragging the lithe maiden.

NEW  -  The massive giant has arrived from the west, carrying the lithe maiden.

Above, the giant might be a servant who carries the maiden upon his shoulders for pay. Or, he might be carrying the wounded maiden to help. With our current code, he'll be noted as dragging her no matter what the roleplay is.

As for the skill/command, I'd suggest that carry serve as a subset of the subdue code, with no skill check unless climbing or riding while carrying. In any other situation, I'd suggest the normal stamina drain minus 2-5 points, since you are not actively keeping the carried person from escaping.

As for the person being carried, if they wished to not be carried, they could simply type flee. In this situation, flee would not produce a fleeing message, as it does with subdue, but rather a message that says something along the lines of, "The fair maiden steps away from the massive giant", or the like.

If you did not wish to be open to being carried, you would simply turn nosave off, the same as you do for being subdued or not being subdued. The person attempting the carry would get a message saying that their target does not want to be carried.

Later, of course, if and when nosave gets chopped up as it should, it would have it's own little entry.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

So much longing.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Could be the difference between using subdue with or without nosave.

As far as I understand it, you still get crim flagged if you subdue a person with nosave on.

Only problem I can imagine is that some characters keep nosave on constantly, due to a specific ... characteristic of their chosen line of profession. Would be nasty getting nicked from a bustling street into a dark alley before you even manage to type flee. Not that this isnt possible with subdue, just less troublesome.

Is it possible to just give the other character a prompt?

Carry poormaiden

The Poormaiden gets a prompt saying that so and so wants to carry her, and asks for a y/n. If she types no or doesnt type anything, the attempt is thwarted and no echoes are made. If she types yes, then she gets carried with echoes, etc.