DISENGAGE!!!!!!!!!

Started by mansa, May 03, 2006, 11:11:57 AM

All these new additons and changes..makes me feel like a first time newb again. :D

Armageddon*(superior RP+(maturity/extream player effects on world))+(god-like staff+recent code changes)= Crackageddon
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I already checked it.  IT IS AWESOME!
some of my posts are serious stuff

Just when I thought Morgenes couldn't do any more, he does this.

So amazing, it deserves a rarely seen, Mr. Kitten picture.

(\__/)
(=';'=)
(")_(")

MR. KITTEN

Quote(\__/)
(=';'=)
(")_(")

MR. KITTEN

omg that's so cute!
b]YB <3[/b]

IMO, a critically-needed piece of code (no more "death-match-in-the-jail-cell unless both parties *want* it) - and here it is.

Morgenes, you continue to be my coding hero.  :wink:

-Bluefae, who is still appreciative of a perfectly-timed sdesc change that made the scene.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

The big burly warrior sits in the corner with his hands covering his face.
The skinny, pale noble is here, beating the shit out of the warrior.

The big burly warrior says, while whimpering loudly in "Huh Huh Huh" sound, "I didnae mean it massa!"
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Maybe an addition, when nosave's on, you already do not hit at the beginning?
So when a Lord Templar smacks you in the face, you do not try to fist at his face for the first round before you can type 'disengage'.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Ya, sort of like an "auto-disengage".  I like that idea.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

An auto-disengage would be sweet.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Yeah. For the love of god, let's make it a new command, not another part of nosave. :)
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Delirium, Brilliant like Guinness, said:
Quote>set passive on|off?

>set passive on|off.
 n
[Near]
The lauramarsian, female human is standing here, patiently.

You think:
 "She almost makes it too easy..."

This post was most likely written by a belligerent drunk, please chase with salt.

Wanna know what's funny?  When I first talked to Tiernan about this he said they're gonna want a way to never attack.

So ya, we hear ya.  Let's hear some suggestions.  Another command like mercy?  passifist? sissy?  noncombatant?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

change ability
You can change ability to be passive, aggressive, or normal.
(Upon creation of a character, it begins at normal.)
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Morgenes"Wanna know what's funny?  When I first talked to Tiernan about this he said they're gonna want a way to never attack.

So ya, we hear ya.  Let's hear some suggestions.  Another command like mercy?  passifist? sissy?  noncombatant?

I vote for sissy.

Quote from: "Mental Case"All these changes... no character... makes Mental Case go crazy!

I feel your pain, I saw all the changes and logged in to play. Promptly died. (hence the reason this is an anony post)

Perhaps 'change' should be used for more things.

change mercy on/off
change passive on/off
change nosave on/off

eh?  eh?

...or perhaps not.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

If you're really free, Morgenes, I'd like to have a 'defensive' command where you always start out defensive even at the beginning and one 'passive', where you do not use any defensive skills and accept the strike with all your heart.
There may be many uses...

The sissy noble draws a wickedly sharp sword.
The sissy noble draws a wickedly sharp sword.
>draw sword
You draw a wooden training sword.
>draw sword
You draw a wooden training sword.
>defensive
You will not hit back to attackers.
The sissy noble lunges at you, a wicked grin on his face.

You deftly parry a sissy noble's attack.

>tell noble It was a good strike, mi'lord.
You tell the sissy noble, in Heshrak:
   "It was a good strike, mi'lord."
>emote retreats a step, simply flipping off the lunging swords with his swords.
The lieutenant retreats a step, simply flipping off the lunging swords with his swords.

>

>think Let me make him feel good.
You think:
   "Let me make him feel good."
>passive
You will not defend against attacks.

The sissy noble slashes your arm, nicking you.
The sissy noble barely grazes your body with his slash.

>defensive

>tell noble (retreating a step, wincing) Ah.. you got me there adeptly, mi'lord.
Retreating a step, wincing, you tell a sissy noble, in Heshrak:
   "Ah.. you got me there adeptly, mi'lord."

>tell runner (voice gruff) Git yer ass to da circle, li'le turd.
Voice gruff, you tell a green runner, in Tatlum:
   "Git yer ass to da circle, li'le turd."
>
The green runner salutes clumsily, then moves to the sparring circle, raising his swords clumsily.

>tell runner (gesturing towards himself with his sparring club) C'mat meh..
Gesturing towards himself with his sparring club, you tell a green runner, in Tatlum:
   "C'mat meh."

>defensive

>
The runner nods silently, then lunges at you after a moment of hesitation.

You deftly parry the green runner's slash.
>

>tell runner (nearly growling) Afta' every attack, raise yer sticks or 'ey smash yer head!
Nearly growling, you exclaim to a green runner, in Tatlum:
   "Afta' every attack, raise yer sticks or 'ey smash yer head!"
>
>

>tell runner (eyes gleaming) Do what I said, puss licka'!
Eyes gleaming, you exclaim to a green runner, in Tatlum:
   "Do what I said, puss licka'!"
>emote waits for the next strike of ~runner, then lunges forward.
The pissed off sergeant waits for the next strike of the green runner, then lunges forward.
>

>hit runner

You solidly bludgeon the green runner's head.
You bludgeon the green runner's head, wounding him.

>defensive

>tell runner (growling) Fall back!
Growling, you exclaim to the green runner, in Tatlum:
   "Fall back!"
>
The green runner starts fighting on the defensive.
Both sides not hitting back, you stop fighting with the green runner.

>tell runner (eyebrows inclined) Lernt yer lesson? Raise yer sticks afta' every fekkin' strike. Now go fin' a medic for yer head.

Eyebrows inclined, you tell a green runner, in Tatlum:
   "Lernt yer lesson? Raise yer sticks afta' every fekkin' strike. Now go fin' a medic for yer head."

>tell idiot -grumbling Ye deserved a quick lesson.
Grumbling, you tell the idiot, in Kentu:
   "Ye deserved a quick lesson."

>tell idiot Accept yer punishment, or I'll catch ye and beat ye into submission.
You tell the idiot, in Kentu:
   "Accept yer punishment, or I'll catch ye and beat ye into submission."

>ooc 'passive' please if you will accept the fist.
The idiot tells you, out of character, but still in Kentu:
   "Done."
>hit idiot
You hit the idiot's head, barely grazing him.
You hit the idiot's foot, nicking him.
>defensive
Both sides not hitting back, you stop fighting with the idiot.

Also, I believe fighting against someone passive - not hitting back and not defending himself - should not raise a crimflag. So a player may willingly decide that the attacker will not draw the attention of the militia, like when a master hits at a slave or when a sergeant punches a recruit in the face for stupidity.
And... I know I'm asking for too much but... maybe a command letting you strike only once may be added. Then the scenarios would be much easier to play out.

Thanks in advance for the command(s), Morgenes.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I disagree with the command to allow yourself to be hurt.  I think it's silly.  I think people would abuse it.  If you want to allow yourself to be hurt you would just simply remove your weapons.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Cenghiz"
And... I know I'm asking for too much but... maybe a command letting you strike only once may be added. Then the scenarios would be much easier to play out.

Thanks in advance for the command(s), Morgenes.

This sounds like something "hit" could be used for, as it implies just a single hit.
Where as "kill" would take you off being passive, or defensive, into the ass kicking machine your momma born you to be.

So when a master decides to smash at a slave, does the slave instantly starts defending himself? After you made a very foolish mistake, do you decide dodge the angry fist of the sergeant to put yourself into deeper trouble? After a wicked elf tells you he'll leave you alone after carving his sign on your chest, do you decide to push the dagger away, piss him off and make him kill you instead? For many many scenarios, accepting the damage of a single strike, especially when nosave on makes it nearly safe, can be acceptable.

Edited...

Cenghiz,  you bring up two things.

One is a 'strike' command where you hit someone for damage.  That sounds cool in certain situations.  

Currently, if you have a weapon out, and you hit someone, and the target you're trying to hit does -not- have a weapon out, you will hit them.  

(unless, of course, your target is a warrior with the unarmed skill)

The other is the ability to accept every and all hits, without trying to defend yourself.  I believe that is silly because after the first hit or two, naturally you will defend yourself.  I believe that it takes incredible strength and willpower to -not- dodge a punch.  This passifist ideal is something that shouldn't be ingrained into the creatures of Zalanthas.  Zalanthas is all about survival of the fittest.  It's fight or flight, and NOT stay and be punched in the face.

Should the idea of complete submission be promoted amongst the playerbase, who will -not- be playing the slave characters that exist?  I don't think so.

is it defence or defense?

Quote from: "mansa"is it defence or defense?

Where do you live? One is british, the other is American. Both are correct.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

1. I played many magickers. Believe me or not, even when unguarded by magick, it's possible to dodge armed strikes or strikes of critters with magickers one after another. Especially if they headed for a life of hunting. I'm not sure at all of course, but I believe the ability to dodge is based on base defense and some characters, even bound to accept the punishment of a whip may codedly dodge the whip several times.

2. I'm already speaking about one or two strikes already. Someone will decide not to die after being striked fouth time and start defending himself? Let him type "defensive". It's still possible. Think of the third example I gave. The elf tells you not to move till he carves his sign to your chest and you'll be set free. You will want to codewise accept the damage or not?

Edited...

Cenghiz you need to lay off the cocaine. You are the one who appears to be out of line in this case.