Rolled tubes of spice and special effects

Started by Yang, May 02, 2006, 09:58:10 PM

This is more an aesthetic addition but I thought to myself, while my character was smoking a tube of spice:

Wouldn't it be cool if, similar to torches and such, you could 'light' and 'unlight' a tube of spice, with it similarly reflected on the item as you look at it?

And also, maybe spice-smoke could waft every now and then into the air to create a haze similar to how incense does it.

These two additions would make smoking cool and as a result, Kurac's spice trade more profitable ;)

Two thumbs up.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

This idea is the bong.  I mean bomb.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I often pretended that my smoke ran out, and that I had to relight it again with 'smoke smoke'.

Because there is _NO_ indication that a smoke is lit or not, I think you can do anything you want to with it.

Will the code disallow wearing a lit smoke in your hair?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

You put a lit massive rolled tube of spice in your hair.

A lit massive rolled tube of spice burns your head, doing frightening damage.

shout AHHHH! MY HEAD IS ON FIRE!!!!!

emote @ runs in circles, flames trailing from %self head
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

I can't help but think you haven't rolled many tubes of spice in your day.  It's already ridiculously spammy.

Speaking of rolled spice and its effects, here's something I've always wondered.

The timer on "drunk" and "spiced" effects doesn't count down when you're offline.  So this is what ends up happening:

Your char gets really wasted.  He's tripping every room you're in, can't use the Way, and it's a blast.  You play around for awhile, and then you've got to log.  When you log back in an IC week later, with the current code, you're still tripping and wasted.  I never knew how to explain this IC, especially in the even that my chars don't drink much-- then it's hard to say that they went drinking again.

MorganChaos's head on fire means she can now pass as a peasant in Peasant's Quest!
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

*is burninated*

Eh, Dink Smallwood is better.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

I was thinking that maybe they could also make it so after someone smokes spice in a room it leaves a smell on them and in the room(like any other smokable material there is). Well of course unless this is added already, just might add some nice stuff.
A Templar sniffs you.
You smell like spice and smoke.
A Templar subdues you.

A Templar walks into the Gaj
A Templar sniffs the room
The room smells of spice and smoke
A Templar orders a half-giant soldier to guard the north exit.
A Templar says "Ok all of you empty your packs!"

Quote from: "Vessol"I was thinking that maybe they could also make it so after someone smokes spice in a room it leaves a smell on them and in the room(like any other smokable material there is). Well of course unless this is added already, just might add some nice stuff.
A Templar sniffs you.
You smell like spice and smoke.
A Templar subdues you.

A Templar walks into the Gaj
A Templar sniffs the room
The room smells of spice and smoke
A Templar orders a half-giant soldier to guard the north exit.
A Templar says "Ok all of you empty your packs!"

Maybe it does!!!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one