Below Average Stats

Started by Bebop, May 01, 2006, 08:51:53 PM

IRL, I've had so many years to effectively gauge how strong/fast/smart I am. Ig, I may only have 3 days. I don't want to spend those three days figuring out if I can lift the weapon I want to or to see if I am a good mover, when I should already know.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

In my opinion, not reading the 7 pages of spam, things stay as they are, here's my explanation of what a below average person is.

a school has 20 kids in a class, the average of those 20 kids is a mile in eight minutes.

Bob runs a mile in ten minutes because he's obese and out of shape.  Bob is below average.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Quote from: "Synthesis"And the Gaussian distribution is the same thing as the normal distribution! *shakes fist*
Yeah, dude, but Gaussian sounds so much sexier.  8)

Just remember, the Gaussian function is not minimum-bandwidth if it's got finite support.

Quote from: "Tlaloc"

Honestly, I think this is the solution, if people are serious about this argument. If you're going to get rid of all 'bad' stats, and give people at least 'average', then by that logic, you must also get rid of all 'good' stats, and just give everyone 'average'.

The other solution would be to simply remove the ability of players to see their stats. Find out IC if your PC is strong, heh.

Will either of those happen? No. But those are both more logical, and likely (in my opinion) options than just getting rid of the "low" stats.

My thoughts exactly.
your mother is an elf.