Moving at Zero Stamina

Started by Morrolan, April 30, 2006, 01:16:14 PM

I think it should be possible to move at zero stamina.  Maybe we could use stun points and have a greater lag for it?

With all of the new stamina drains implemented (and they have not affected me seriously so far), I think there should be a way to move when exhausted.  Using stun points, it would be possible to move until you passed out.

This is not something I would recommend as a long-term lifestyle, of course, but it would:

a) make it possible to keep moving until you pass out (fun for military recruits.)  :)

b) avoid situations where you are completely healthy, but archers can pepper you with arrows and you can't even move to get under cover.

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Yes. With an extended lag on movement.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Yes, but only if doing so was considered bad RP unless the circumstances were life-threatening. Otherwise you are just using the code to move further or get somewhere faster, and thereby abusing the code.

I dunno if it would be abuse.  Make the drain large enough, and noticable enough and it could indeed be very realistic.  Add it making your clothes sweaty and then further add maybe a reduction in maxium st untill you rested for a VERY long time, maybe even force you to sleep it back.

No, I think this idea is very workable if you look at it in enough different ways.

I like it.

I think the ability to crawl through the desert, dying of thirst, with no stamina and sweat-drenched clothes would be awesome.
I like the spirit of this idea a lot.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"I think the ability to crawl through the desert, dying of thirst, with no stamina and sweat-drenched clothes would be awesome.
I like the spirit of this idea a lot.

So burnt out that you can't even use the Way any more.  I'm with the above posters on something like this as a concept.  Cripple the recovery when stun is used in this fashion, perhaps, until after a long safe rest.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

In lieu of the topic. I think it should be possible to do the same with riding animals. To make them go beyond their stamina, but with two penalties.

If you reach a certain point of going through the beast's stamina, it dies. You've ridden it to death so to speak. And if you've not ridden it that far and 'rested' it, then it would not get up untill fully restored.

Yes, I'm foolishly replying to my own topic.

But I -really- like the idea of collapsing, unconsious, in the desert and dying from dehydration.

It's very Zalanthas.

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

might also be cool to have a chance to trip and fall.   However, I think it would be cooler if once you hit 0 you passed out.  At 10 % you start walking slower and 5% you start stumbling too.  Although for something like this to go into effect, the imms might have to increase the overall stamina.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Why?  Zero is Zero.  Maybe, instead, they should force someone to lose consciousness at zero stamina, just like they do with stun.

I like stun being your critical stamina across the board for everything,
personally--be it physical manuvers or movement.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.