Subdue Modification

Started by Resurrect, April 29, 2006, 06:50:08 PM

So how about a modification that allows people with a high level in subdue to draw a weapon and use that to initiate combat?

For example:

An HG Warrior is subduing an elf but wants to use him as a hostage.
The HG types draw axe and pulls out a one handed axe which he then emotes holding to the elf's throat. Now, his subdue is high enough so the code will allow him to draw. If the HG doesn't get what he wants he types kill elf and then he gets the coded bonus of the weapon on the first attack, just as if he really had it to the elf's unprotected throat.
ho hates posting? I do! I do!

They already do that.
I already have seen too much of this:

Half-giant subdues target
The Half-giant beats the elf upon his purny little head, killing him.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

HG's can do it like that barehanded because of their strength. This creates a whole set of 'hostage situations' that can arise for non HG people. I just used the HG and the elf for comedic value.

Yes. Subdue + hit is already disgusting. I'd prefer it not to be doable at all, because there is little more frustrating than being instakilled by a subdue machine of an NPC.

That said, it would be nice to be able to have hostage situations somehow. It's just that I'm already a little grossed out by subdue.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

When the first move a HG (or anything for that matter) makes is entering a room and subduing you, the little noob elf, it isn't very fun.

Especially since they can tear your head off within three seconds.

Subdue elf:kill elf
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I'd love to see something like this.  I think the possibilities for being able to hold hostages and codedly enforce it would really add to the game.

A long time ago you could subdue someone and draw weapons and beat them to pretty much half-life the first round if not kill them outright if you were a mul. They got rid of that because there were many discussions on how unrealistic it is, keeping ahold of someone and trying to pull out a weapon before they could twist out of your grasp. Not to mention that it was abused, a lot.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I don't have a problem with half-giants being able to crush elves like grapes, using subdue.   Even though I never play half-giants and love playing elves.  

Once something that strong gets it's hands on you, it should be able to kill you fairly easily.

On second thought I think it should be even further limited to prevent abuse.  If there were a way to allow it only to draw light weapons like daggers, tomahawks or longknives it would be a more believable.  And of course it should only be available at a high level of subdue.

I'd really love to legitimately take a hostage and have a showdown though.

Yes, what SpyGuy is saying is what I had in mind. I recently saw a hostage situation that was RPed, but it'd be nice if it could be codedly enforced. Had all three of the parties involved not been up to actually play it out, codedly there would have been no hostage and the hostage wouldn't have served as a bargaining chip. A code that allows a single light weapon drawn at high levels of subdue would be rather nice since it would really enforce some gravity to certain situations. Also, hey, who loves ransom?

I guess, if it was coded before and abused, and then changed to the current condition, there is no need to put it back to the old way.
some of my posts are serious stuff