Fighting dummy's and such.

Started by Gricker, April 29, 2006, 06:47:50 AM

Fighting a dummy: em you rush towards the dummy you arms open wide The dummy wrestles away, one question HOW CAN A DUMMY WRESTLE AWAY.... dose that seem realistic to you... um yeah dosnt to me, and when you try to "bash" The dummy nimbly dodges your bash as you wobble then topple to the ground... what do you think Realistic or Not!
:?:
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The code is stock phrases for battle. They COULD set up code to replace the phrases when fighting incapacitated victims (such as an unconscious snake or a sparring dummy) or they could spend that time working on something else. I'd rather they do the latter personally.

IMHO trying to subdue dummy is not much realistic itself. Why would you want to try it?

I'll have to agree with Morfeus.  Subduing the dummy, which doesn't move, is pushing the boundaries a bit.  In fact, most combat skills are probably best trained on people.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Most clans with sparring dummies have rules that state you aren't supposed to use them to practice things like bashing, archery, backstabbing, and subduing.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

This is true, you should be using only combat on your practice dummy, no subdue, kick, backstab, atomic wedgie or anything. Just 'kill dummy' and emote as desired.

Quote from: "Tuannon"This is true, you should be using only combat on your practice dummy, no subdue, kick, backstab, atomic wedgie or anything. Just 'kill dummy' and emote as desired.

Kick on a dummy is perfectly acceptable.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I have read all kinds of opinions on this topic from players, but I can't remember a definative staff position being posted.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Backstab, subdue, sap, etc. do seem a little retarded on a dummy. :P

'Bash' is on the borderline if want to pretend you're a football player at practice.

'Kick' is perfectly acceptable, though, in my mind since.. well, if I can punch it, I can kick it too.

I was posted a proposal to use the dummies for archery practice aswell. Described it properly though, so it's not just a single person shooting arrows or throwing knives, but a whole training session, with roleplaying out the clearing of the room, and so on. The staff felt it was okey to do it, as long as it was massively roleplayed out beforehand like that. Ofcourse, sabduing is different :)