skinning

Started by Manhattan, April 28, 2006, 02:07:25 AM

i too play rangers so that i can spend time sitting in one spot while i wait on a skinning delay

personally the way I see it is its up to you the player to emote out how and to what degree you skin with. I emote most of the time and id sudgest others to do the same. one it will kill the llag time and second it just looks good.  When I play a ranger I go into alot of detail when it comes to tanning.. theres so many ways to tan hides you be surprized.  And as far as I know skin is a skill.. Krath knows I miss it when in a role with out the skill..  my two cid

When I skin stuff, I usually just set my ldesc and then wait for 3-4 minutes before I actually skin it.  Sometimes I'm in a hurry and do it quickly, but you all can deal with that.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

i like being bad at skinning so i can

>emote takes a battleaxe and hacks wildly and repeatedly at the shell of a scrab with an expectant look on her face.

or something of that nature.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 28, 2011, 11:30:59 PM
i too play rangers so that i can spend time sitting in one spot while i wait on a skinning delay

I don't know why a slightly more realistic yet not gameplay-shattering compromise can't be found.

Ya know... something between a realistic 20 minute delay and the current situation where I frequently see people skin animals where they drop within a few seconds and maybe a meagre emote.

Of course there's a lot of other things which is wonky about the skinning system, like been unable to get a single chunk of meat from an enormous mekillot carcass if you fail your skinning attempt. The whole thing needs to be overhauled if you ask me.

Delay this skill, please.

I feel like doing this every time I see "homeboy skins x8," but I don't wanna have to be this guy and report it.

Quote from: Zharal on July 29, 2011, 12:55:26 AM
personally the way I see it is its up to you the player to emote out how and to what degree you skin with. I emote most of the time and id sudgest others to do the same. one it will kill the llag time and second it just looks good.  When I play a ranger I go into alot of detail when it comes to tanning.. theres so many ways to tan hides you be surprized.  And as far as I know skin is a skill.. Krath knows I miss it when in a role with out the skill..  my two cid
It takes a lot of responsibility not to be a douche. I'm going to start doing what synth does. I did for a while, but I -am- going to do it now.

>emote like some sort of skinning contraption, @me skins every did critter in his immidiate vacinty.
>skin body
>skin body
>skin body
>skin body
>skin body
>skin body
>take all
>put all bag
>mount
>pack bag

because it does erk me to see this.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

i wish you could skin people.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Nyr on July 28, 2011, 04:13:10 PM
The stuff Tuannon suggests has been mentioned for Arm Reborn, for what it's worth.

This get's me wet...
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."