Started by Delerak, February 04, 2003, 02:54:18 AM

Give us man-sized cockroaches?

yes
28 (68.3%)
nah, they are nastttty..
13 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: February 04, 2003, 02:54:18 AM

Cockroach : Zalanthan cockroaches are extremely resilient beasts, and can vary in size from that of a human thumbnail to that of an adult scrab. Their chitinous exoskeletons make them rather hard to damage, while their clashing mandibles and hooking claws make them either minor annoyances or serious threats, depending on the size of the cockroach encountered. Cockroaches have a tendency to splatter when struck with a good blow, showering all nearby

Man I would love to see some BIG fucking cockroaches on zalanthas, preferably outside 'Nak with the cousin scrabbies.  It'd be cool to implement a code to where when they are brought down they can't be skinned because they explode and do some damage to everyone in the room with the chitin shrapnel! Eh!? Eh!? Eh!?

Um, Just because YOU have not seen them does not mean they do not exist
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Having them explode and do damage? I find that unlikely... Now maybe one half the size of a man getting stepped on by a half giant might put enough pressure on the sides/parts aren't being stepped on to explode, but a man sized beast, the pressure from a sword blow or any other weapon is going to be so pin pointed it isn't going to EXPLODE exactly, but more so gore is going to be spraying out and splashed from the force of the blow.

Bugs hit on a windshield do explode, but thats ALOT of force from alot of directions, now if you dropped a big boulder, maybe the thing might explode, but thats because there is force from more then one point. From a weapon you wouldn't get that distributed force, and most likely any pressure on the inside would be emptied at the first time the chitin is broken through.

It's doubtful to do enough damage to a beast that size that nothing well be salvagable, though the person making the blow might very well get alittle bit of gooey gore on him/her.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Because I have not seen them, means that they do not exist.  Alright X-D?  And I think they should explode and do damage, its a defensive mechanism in the end, alright?  You want to have carru charge down people, why can't cockroaches evolve into something different on zalanthas?

Hmm... What does Carru charges have to do with it? It's very common, have you seen a mad animal like that charge? Deer, moose, all sorts of stuff do some mean damage and I'm sure have killed people before.

But bugs exploding, do they explode magickally? I doubt that. Magick doesn't seem to be a natural thing on Armageddon, it's more of an unnatural thing, kind of like nuclear weapons. A cockroach is a cockroach. See, if it was something different then a cockroach, I don't get the sense of calling it a cockroach.

Explosions tend to be caused by pressures, how would the chitin blow apart, when their are already breaks in it? It takes alot of pressure to blow something up when there is already a natural escape for it.

The helpfile right there, says the splatter when they are struck, as well as the description, give they idea that they are like RL cockroaches, except sometimes alittle bigger. Splatter doesn't mean explode, splatter means splatter.

And still, how does a natural thing such as an animal charging be the same as cockroaches acting like bombas?

Creeper
21sters Unite!

But they exist in game. Deal with it, Delerak.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

At least there would be a use for the "Bonzaiiiiiiiiiii"!

Damn those kamikaze cockroaches.
lt;Varak> "If my theory proves correct, weezers and dwarves, due to their similar evolutionary environment, should join in a symbiotic relationship in extended isolation."

Maybe this non-existent, yet existing humongous oversized bigugly cockroach mutant has an acidic gore that will cause damage when it sprays its innards all over the room?

Acid crits can be FUN!

Quote from: "Quirk"But they exist in game. Deal with it, Delerak.

Quirk

If they do exist, they must be like the Gaj or something eh? Because they don't exist anywhere I've been and that's nearly everywhere.  So I guess if you want to tangle with a man-sized cockroach in game you have to go to the very recesses of the far world, because you know what, cockroaches are rare aren't they?  Pfffft..
Now let me rephrase what I should have wrote..

Who wants to see a larger abundance of man-sized cockroaches?  We have red ants showing up out of nowhere why not big cockroaches that explode when they die and shower the area with acidic blood when they die.

you all never washed the Latrine, god if the cockroaches had blades and acidic gore..... argh :P

Sit in Gaj a while, you'll see a message that say something about cockroach races on the bar.

-G
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of."
Benjamin Franklin  (1706-1790).  Poor Richard's Almanack.

I'm phobic. If I see a man-sized roach I'll have to go hide under my bed.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Lice! Cockroaches!

Sorry, the title of this post just makes me think of West Side Story.

Barzalene is phobic of cockroaches... yet she lives in New York...

Sometimes I worry about you...

Quote from: "Delerak"
Quote from: "Quirk"But they exist in game. Deal with it, Delerak.

Quirk

If they do exist, they must be like the Gaj or something eh? Because they don't exist anywhere I've been and that's nearly everywhere.

They exist in one of -the- most obvious places.  I've eaten them.  Several times.  They taste like chicken.  Stop being bahamet-headed, Delerak, and accept that some people have seen things in-game that you haven't.

Quote from: "Delerak"It'd be cool to implement a code to where when they are brought down they can't be skinned because they explode and do some damage to everyone in the room with the chitin shrapnel! Eh!? Eh!? Eh!?

I think D just wants to see grenades on arm.  Too much SOCOM!

> pull carapace corpse
A faint buzzing sound can be heard from the body of a melon-sized cockroach.

> throw corpse west
You heave the body of a melon-sized cockroach over your shoulder and throw it to the east.

A muffled explosion from the east is followed by faint shrieks and screams.

Running and limping, a young red-haired child has arrived from the east.

Moaning, a young red-haired child says in sirihish:
"Aw-aw-awful...green everywhere."

A young red-haired child collapses to the ground, quivering mandible visible jetting out of the back of her neck.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

What the hell is going on? If you re-read my posts you'll notice that I am saying we should have MAN-sized cockroaches, I've seen the other small cockroaches in the jail cells and shit, who cares about those?  I know cockroaches EXIST, but where are the big fuckers that you don't want to encounter outside..or some big tregil-sized momma roach that lays a buncha fuckers in your barracks.  Jeez, don't misinterpret something so simple.

Quote from: "Lazloth"
Quote from: "Delerak"It'd be cool to implement a code to where when they are brought down they can't be skinned because they explode and do some damage to everyone in the room with the chitin shrapnel! Eh!? Eh!? Eh!?

I think D just wants to see grenades on arm.  Too much SOCOM!

> pull carapace corpse
A faint buzzing sound can be heard from the body of a melon-sized cockroach.

> throw corpse west
You heave the body of a melon-sized cockroach over your shoulder and throw it to the east.

A muffled explosion from the east is followed by faint shrieks and screams.

Running and limping, a young red-haired child has arrived from the east.

Moaning, a young red-haired child says in sirihish:
"Aw-aw-awful...green everywhere."

A young red-haired child collapses to the ground, quivering mandible visible jetting out of the back of her neck.

Hahahaha!  :twisted:

QuoteCockroach : Zalanthan cockroaches are extremely resilient beasts, and can vary in size from that of a human thumbnail to that of an adult scrab. Their chitinous exoskeletons make them rather hard to damage, while their clashing mandibles and hooking claws make them either minor annoyances or serious threats, depending on the size of the cockroach encountered. Cockroaches have a tendency to splatter when struck with a good blow, showering all nearby.

Nuff said.
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of."

Nuff said?  I don't see why you're quoting the animal life file personally; the simple response to Delerak would be..
(a.) the staff is (or was) actively soliciting NPC descs;
(b.) if large cockroaches are something that belong in the world with some more visible frequency, see (a.)
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

For me to say anymore is too IC, babe.
If the docs say they exist, they exist.  I've never seen a silt flyer, but I know they exist.  
I don't feel like going further in detail, got to run.  Good luck on figuring this out, people.

You want to see a cockroach so bad and don't believe it exists? Write the description and everything up and send it to the goddamn MUD. All you're doing right now is bitching and whining about how cool a whim of yours would be if it was implemented.

Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean they exist. Gajs? I've seen a wild one or two before, so shut up. There's things in Armageddon you haven't seen. Deal with it and acknowledge the fact or pipe down and quit throwing a tantrum.

You want them in the game and don't believe they already are? Write it up send it in, and shut up.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Someone needs a nap...

I would never ever send in saying I want to see something in game, nope, bad idea, , (this part is a joke) Hey Ness, My char wants to see a squirrel in game....

Couple days later char walking down peaceful road through park
A rattling noise from the trees to the east
think Oh, what could that be
l east
near: A small brown furry animal with chisel like teeth
e
think I wonder what that is
A crashing sound from the south
A large brown furry animal with chisel like teeth arrives from the south
A large brown furry animal with chisel like teeth arrives from the south
A huge brown furry animal with chisel like teeth arrives from the south
A huge brown furry animal with chisel like teeth arrives from the south
A gigantic brown furry animal with chisel like teeth arrives from the south
A gigantic brown furry animal with chisel like teeth arrives from the south

The Gigantic brown furrt animal bites you very hard on the neck
etc
etc
etc
BEEP!

I know better

about the only thing me and my chars want to see is tomorrow
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

:twisted: Fear the skwirls :twisted: