Lip Plates

Started by Amused Kank, April 17, 2006, 12:11:49 PM

I have been very amused to see a number of PCs in the game wearing lip plates.  I can't help but giggle everytime I picture someone trying to speak while wearing one of these.

WARNING: There is some nudity in the picture this URL takes you to.  It IS from National Geographic, after all.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/tattoos/photo9.html

Halflings do it. I just hope everytime I see a PC wearing it that they aren't doing it just to be cool and have a weird unique item.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

just ask your brother 'naki - "WTF you got in your pie-hole, yo?"

Then wack 'em and sell it somewhere.

I dunno.  It's not a cultural thing in either city so PC tribals with appropriate culture and halfings should be the only ones who wear them
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Don't lip plates usually require a lot of stretching of the lower lip to insert in the first place?  I don't think that's reversible either.  Maybe there should be a script that upon equiping the item, "a heavily-stretched, floppy lower lip" scar should be applied to their face.   :wink:

I suspect that the people that I've seen wearing them are people who took them from halfling corpses.  Truth be told, I think that it is ridiculous and absurd for anyone that is not a halfling to wear halfling items.  Sadly, these items can easily be brought to the tailor NPCs and resized for anyone to wear.  Perhaps a script or a flag can be put on halfling items that does not allow them to be resized?

You don't need to resize jewelry.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"You don't need to resize jewelry.

Obviously, I was speaking of the halfling items that are not jewelry that people wear.

It is still basically clothing. It just looks like an adult wearing oversized children's clothing. I find it more disturbing that people wear the jewelry. some of that is kinda scary.

Hrm, I actually thought I'd removed those at one point, since they didn't seem very fitting.  I'll take a look.

Well, for a halfling, they are fitting, and even for some tribals. However, they shouldn't just be pop in/pop out.

Ya dig?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

She'll never stop production of lip plates. The operation will just move underground. Damn WTO representative.

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Halflings do it. I just hope everytime I see a PC wearing it that they aren't doing it just to be cool and have a weird unique item.

And they eat you with them in!
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Holy crap. I saw one of those on someone the other day, but had no idea it looked like that.

Jeebuz.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I played a character who found some lip-jewelry, like, costume jewelry vampire fangs, and wore them around as a joke.  Is that what we're talking about?  Because if so: HA.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."