RE: liquid food spilling

Started by Ender, April 15, 2006, 08:20:41 PM

HUZZAH!!!!

Here's to the correction of yet another one of those things that have always bugged me over the years but I assumed would never ever be fixed.

Morgenes is truly a God among men, and if I see him at DragonCon again this year, he will receive the heartiest of handshakes.

On a side note, will it perhaps be available to pour liquid foods into liquid bearing containers.

The surly slave construction work says in sirihish as he unscrews the top of his bone thermos peering into it
"Krathdamnit, root stew again."
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I think morgenes has done more code work in the past month I've ever seen done on the mud.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Deraling my own thread:  Were you at the Renn Faire in Atlanta today RM?
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I think it's a shame Morgenes had to do this (I would have preferred people just didn't do it in the first place ;)).

Quote from: "Ender"Deraling my own thread:  Were you at the Renn Faire in Atlanta today RM?

No.. you got me on your mind or something? Wtf..
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Yeah, Morgenes, excellent job.  I'll give you a "heartiest of handshakes" too.  :D
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Quote from: "John"I think it's a shame Morgenes had to do this (I would have preferred people just didn't do it in the first place ;)).
I really doubt he had to. I think he did it because it added just a little more realism to the world.

I like that.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

*raises hand*

I freely admit to stuffing stew in my pack on *ahem* several occasions.

I think it is as cool as h e double l that this code change in place.

Now we need waterproof bags to pour the stew into.

:-D
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Does this work for half eatten fruits also? Will my supply of ginka fruits turn my white backpack red?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Does this work for half eatten fruits also? Will my supply of ginka fruits turn my white backpack red?
]

Hrmmm, good idea, I'll look at that.  Also need to remember when I add in food decay to increase decay rates for partially eaten fruit.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Morgenes"Hrmmm, good idea, I'll look at that.  Also need to remember when I add in food decay to increase decay rates for partially eaten fruit.
Yikes! Quick! Someone stop Morgenes before it's too late ;)

No way, John!  Yay, food decay!
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

First of all, cheers to the new change (so long as it recognizes trays as a different type of container).  Second, my gripe:

I'm against adding food decay.  I say this as someone who played a character that had to acquire a large quantity of food and have it cooked.  Both of these steps were very difficult, at least as far as having them done by PCs.  ICly, it should have been a simple matter to buy a large quantity of meat and find someone capable of cooking it.  Instead, it took a rather long time to find a willing and able PC.  However, this job -did- provide a lot of those "opportunities for interaction/RP" that we all love so much.  In fact it did happen to spin off something of a neat plot, too.  If food decay were in, I would have just gone to an NPC shop, because the OOC problem of PC scarcity would have led to the IC problem of a bunch of rotting food.  For this reason, I just don't think food decay will work until we find a way to let all of us play our characters 24 hours a day, or we double the playerbase.

Food decay would also give a huge advantage to clans (or branches of clans) with a stew-slinging NPC chef as opposed to clans (or branches of clans) that actually have to deal with coded food items.  Those that deal with coded food will have to contend with it rotting away every Real Life night, with no help whatsoever from the huge virtual infrastructure making up their clan.  Meanwhile, those folks with access to a chef would have -all- their food needs -entirely- taken care of by the virtual world.  If all eterna-chefs were eliminated from the game, so that all clan members would have to deal with the hurdles that food decay would present, I could possibly deal with it.

Also, every raw food item would require a dried/salted/otherwise preserved crafting recipe.

Morgenes is a very subtle fellow.  Sometimes you need to read every single word of his posts in order to glean his meaning.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Decay rates for partially eatten food stuffs.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I'm sure that they will take into account that cooked/prepared/smooked/cured food will not decay as fast as food which isn't.  Still, it is ridiculous that food could remain around for a century and still be around.  I've been a proponent of food decay for a LONG time.

If you want food, don't get it all at once and expect it to be good in 3 IC years.  Seriously, even in real life, very few food items can be kept that long and still not make you sick when eaten.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I hope this also means we won't be seeing anyone pulling a full chalice of water out of their belts to take a drink anymore.   :twisted:
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".