Dancing

Started by The Veiled Dancer, April 10, 2006, 06:24:59 PM

For IC reasons, I'm posting anon, so as to not give myself away. Anyhow, I'd like to know what people think about dancing with a partner? Would it be weird to just bust out the foxtrot (or some variant) with someone IG? How would you hold one another while dancing? Typical hand on eachother's back - holding hands w/ the other hand type stuff? Hug eachother close? Sway? Spin? Waltz? Help me out her peeps!

I don't know of any Zalanthas-specific dances, but what I would do is to do some google research on traditional dances from the Arabian region and tweak it a little. You probably shouldn't go dancing tango or riverdance IG.
b]YB <3[/b]

I actually thought of this a while back and there is a dance hall in the game. I was thinking it would be cool to see nobles holding dances for themselves or something like that. I've never seen the dance hall actually used for dancing.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "jhunter"I actually thought of this a while back and there is a dance hall in the game. I was thinking it would be cool to see nobles holding dances for themselves or something like that. I've never seen the dance hall actually used for dancing.

I've danced in it.  And I completely agree.  MORE DANCES.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

How do dancing emotes work?

Does one person "lead" and emote for both of them?
Do they both make emotes for the same move?
Does once person emote the dancing, while the other emotes the emotions?
Do you get specific? With where you put your steps, or what specific parts of your body do.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I would make it sort of like.. if you've ever seen anyone preform swing who doesn't know what they're doing. That. A lot of turns and spins and breathless laughter.

I wouldn't be terribly specific, as in each step, and instead try to give more of an overall feel for what's happening and the energy between the couple.

Since men and women are equal and I'm suggesting a less formalized type of dance, I don't think there needs to be a lead and the pair can turn and spin and swing eachother as they see fit.

For that matter, I'd like to see people be more open about couples dancing which isn't just limited to two people of opposite gender.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

What about group dancing with no set partners but you wouldn't have to dance alone?

I had a dance partner once IG.  He rocked.  We would just take turns with emotes, and power-emote the other all over the freaking place on our turns.  And I've been in a couple of tribal dances.  Every one just boogies themselves silly.  More dancing.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

It's just like MUDsex, except without the sex.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

But then it's nothing like MUDsex...
b]YB <3[/b]

I force emoted VNPC drovians and elkrans in temples dance with me. It was a fun sight to see. Especially with elkrans, that's why most elkrans are bards.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Hymwen"But then it's nothing like MUDsex...
You missed the 'force emoting' part...when force is involved in Arm, it's probably MUDsex.  :wink:
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.