Watch

Started by Anon, April 04, 2006, 11:09:31 AM

I wanted to  know if that "Big Brother is watching you" anouncement has any validity to it. Also, why can't a person watch while sitting? You'd think it would only cement the fact that they are looking straight east etc..

Yes, the watch code announcement was not a fake (obviously) as the code is still in place and documentation has been altered to take this into account.  

As for your second question, the reason you can't watch a direction without standing is that in order to get the proper perspective to see into the distance unhindered, you should be standing.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I'd like to be able to watch "up" while sitting and resting. Saves you from that neckbreaking standing and watching up.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"I'd like to be able to watch "up" while sitting and resting. Saves you from that neckbreaking standing and watching up.

Stargazing, anyone?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

>watch lirathu

You notice the small silvery moon glance at you.
You notice the small silvery moon slip a set of dice under her robe.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Is the 'guard' subguild taken into account for the WATCH skill?

Quote from: "Yang"Is the 'guard' subguild taken into account for the WATCH skill?

Guards are one of the subguilds that are better at watch than others.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Does watch give a warning for a would be attacker using the "kill" command? Perhaps there could be a pre-kill lag when attacking someone watching you while they get a pre-pre-kill lag warning? This would simulate that the attacker is being watched.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I have another question.
Does "Watch"ing one person give the other person a better chance at stealing from you?

Does watching a target and guarding a person give a better chance at you succeeding at stopping the target from stealing from that person?

One more, if I am watching someone. Then watch as they grab a pile of coin from their pack and hand me some, will I see that they didn't hand me it all?